Infinity Blade Dungeons: When?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by liquidmutiny, Jul 6, 2012.

1. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Infinity Blade Dungeons was announced way back in March. Here we are in July and still no word on a release date.(any word?) Dungeons has fell off everyone's radar.(when was the last time you thought about it?) What needs to happen to ensure Epic's Dungeon crawler is a hit or will it be another Dungeon Hunter 3?

2. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Seriously? They announced the game 4 months ago. Compared the rest of the gaming world (inc. consoles), a 4 month wait is nothing.

3. liquidmutiny

Oct 31, 2009
    It's been only 4 months? It seems like it was longer than that. But when was the last time you thought about the game other than today? I guess I'm used to Apple announcing something and then they say something like "And you can buy it today."

The expectation for that game is too high. They shouldn't have used the Infinity Blade name. Is the audience the same? Will the same people who play and love the series enjoy dungeon crawlers?

4. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    There was an article about IBD on here not that long ago (less then three weeks ago, if memory serves). The people making the game pointed out that it was a spawn from a coding jam (kind of a game idea crowd source, if you will) and that it shouldn't be thought of as a 'new' IB, but rather an extension of the universe.

My memory may be a little spotty (I should probably look it up :eek: ), but even if I don't here anything about it before now and release, I still intend to get it :)

5. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Good things happen to those who wait..

Well maybe they're not rushing the job and working hard for a high quality game..I'd prefer that rather than releasing a mediocre or defective product...Since the franchise won back to back game of the year honors,the anticipation and status quo is high..

6. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    The news of this game (and a few other diablo-style games upcoming) are keeping me from getting the Dungeon Hunters games.

If you have the patience of a toddler, I have the patience of a gnat.

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Lmao at the title change.

8. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Well the first trailer for IB:D was earlier this year I believe. And they were making it sounds like it was going to come out soon after iPad 3 goes out for the sales... It's just bit disappointing for me. I mean why not showed demo on iPad 3 if it wasn't going to come out for like 6 months? I just feel kinda got ripped off with that game

9. liquidmutiny

Oct 31, 2009
    Why are the forum mods changing my titles. That's like a ethics violation. That's a trick out of the Fox news playbook. This is not a free speech forum? I try to follow the rules of the forum so I can have a discussion with my fellow iPhone gamers. I'm disappointed with that and I've been a touch arcade supporter since 2009. I'm genuinely hurt by this mockery of your fan base.

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #10 Vovin, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012

w00t? Ethics violation? Sounds a bit exaggerated.
    If you're here since 2009, you should know that there are occassional title changes from time to time. "Title trolling" is never meant insulting; you're taking this a bit too serious. I think the title is funny and you even deserve the trolling a bit because of your really unrealistic expectations. Most games need way more than 4 months from announce to release. Just calm a bit and have a bit more patience?
    And be glad that they haven't changed your forum name into "toddler".

11. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I think it might be out for the holidays or sometime early next year. Mobile development takes about a year maybe less. While console development can take anywhere from 2 to 5 years depending on the quality of the game.

12. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Tell that to Ryan Mitchell.

13. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    What was the original title the post?

14. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    That title change is in poor taste. I thought that title was intended by the OP when I made my first reply.

The best case here is to change the title back and lock this thread. IBD looks great and most of us can't wait for it to release. Anything else said here is counterproductive.

15. TommyIII

TommyIII Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Mac rumors do the same nonsense.

Bump! Where is IB3?

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's coming when hell freezes over. Be patient.