Will Final Fantasy VII come to iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RLennon, Jul 19, 2014.

1. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Is this a pipe dream? Or is this something that SE is really working on? If so, does anyone know of an ETA on release? Replaying FF Tactics and loving all the rekindled memories. FF7 would be awesome. Any thoughts?

Rob

2. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
  3. ####, i thought it was coming soon. Dreams crashing...

4. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I'd buy a retina version of this in a heartbeat, even with the high prices Square charges.

5. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    LOL. Sorry for the false alarm. Just wanted some inside info from SE if this could be a realty.

6. By the way. The upcoming FFVII Gbike looks decent. I mean man, it's a original mobile game. I saw you from here "yeah again...a runner..." But guys, a runner with a steampunk bike and Cloud. With bosses from original game, sorry but for me it's just instant buy.

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
  8. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    With Apple's strict 2gb app limit. Sadly no chance.

9. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Whut? There's a lot of apps over 2 gb...

10. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Xcom?

11. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    The answer is almost certainly yes. However, when that will happen is anyone's guess.

The good news is, Square Enix recently semi-remastered the game for PC. Presumably some of that work can be made applicable for iOS.

Size limits are less of a concern than many people think - compression technology has come a long, long way since that game was originally released. Compressing the graphics, sound, and video using modern codecs, instead of those from the 90s, will likely be able to give better quality and much smaller app sizes.

12. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    The game that started it all for me back in the 90's. I would pay decent money for the for sure.

13. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Considering Final Fantasy I - VI have all been released, seems like just a matter of time for VII. The hardware can certainly manage it.

14. saucybag

saucybag Active Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Plus as games getter bigger and bigger Apple will increase the size limit accordingly.

15. Lordapex

Lordapex New Member

Jul 29, 2015
    FF7 iOS release

EDIT: Jesus I just revived this post I'm so sorry. Didn't realize it was posted in 2014... Uhhhh my bad. Googling for FF7 iOS brought it up. Sorry guys...
    Original post:
    You guys do know that since E3 this year, Square Enix announced FF7 coming to iOS, right? The app limit for the App Store has increased from 2gb to 4gb as well, making this more than possible. Plus with app stripping coming in iOS 9 this fall, apps will be smaller than before while retaining the quality thanks to downloading only necessary parts of the app for the specific device, instead of all or nothing!

TL;DR: FF7 is slated for a summer release on iOS.

16. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    They've always priced their FF ports at premium levels. I think we can expect at least $15. However, the previous ones have all gone on sale at some point, so 30% to 60% off.

This can't true. IIRC, Space Hulk is just over 2 GB.

17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011