2 Block - Action Puzzle Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jyaw3, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    2 Block is "In Review"

This is a game based around the block breaking mechanics of grouping 4 or more of the same colour together. I would liken it to Puzzle Fighter/Dr Mario/(Old Macintosh Game 'Skittles')

www.SubtractionStudios.com

Hopefully you guys go easy on me, site isn't all that great, it's just something put together for whatever reason =)

Figured there's not too many Action/Real Time games like that out there, Tetris is I know and Columns too (apparently pretty bad?) but don't know of that many out there

Edit:Side Note - It's scary posting this!!

2. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
  3. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    ya I guess I should have done that myself, sorry bout that my bad. And thanks for doing it :p

I was trying to go for like a simple old school kinda feel

4. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    Okay, so decided to upload a gameplay video to show it off a bit more =P

Hope I'm gonna do this right. (sadly I have no idea how to embed it as a video, anyone?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqIGW7HtRfs

No, sadly the Chrono Trigger tune isn't included. I don't think I even made it into my own highscores on this run... can't play under pressure =P

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    here is the video embedded...i thought it looked cool graphically, although I can see some people saying the controls will be too cramped together...are the leaderboards shown in the video just local...if so, any plans to do global?

6. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    yup infact I know the controls are gonna be an issue for some :p I've been trying out different ideas already might use a combination of buttons and slider or buttons and tilt for alternate control.

And those are local, but from what I've been reading (simply calling a url of a page to upload stats) it should be pretty easy. All the stats on the gameover screen are actually saved as well, just didn't have room to display them, so assuming I don't mess up with the global leader board scores, it should be able to carry all that over.

And thanks for embedding it, I tried originally but it just showed up as code, was I supposed to wrap it in html tags? thought I tried that but maybe I screwed up (by maybe I mean I must have)

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    to embed
    [ youtube ]OqIGW7HtRfs[ /youtube ]

just take out the spaces, the middle part is the stuff after the "=" in the url of the video

one thing I was going to suggest is how about having invisble/virtual buttons?...then you could just have the left half of the play area rotate a piece to the left, the right half rotate to the right, and then you would have more space for the actual "move left", "move right", and "drop" buttons

8. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    So essentially you mean, remove the rotate buttons make the other buttons larger and make it so tapping on the left/right half of the screen the rotate CCW and CW?

Sure I'll try that out, you can test it for me if you want just send me a message with your UDID and stuff