Heavy Blade (by Rocking Pocket Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RPGGuy, Oct 26, 2015.

1. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    #1 RPGGuy, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Heavy Blade is a 3D hack and slash dungeon crawler with gorgeous visuals and a heavy rock soundtrack.
    The game was developed by Rocking Pocket Games for iPhone, iPad, and the new Apple TV.

FEATURES:

- 30 dungeons filled with monsters to explore
    - State of the art console quality graphics with unified lighting and shadows never seen before on an IOS device.
    - Listen for whispers to locate secret doors and hidden areas
    - Gather loot from dead enemies or barrels and replenish health and mana with potions.
    - Playable with the Apple TV remote or third party game controller (recommended).

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Loving the looks of this, however i wish to see a "heavy sword." Drop the attack speed down to half, then double the damage, and make each slash look like it would easily cleave flesh and would shatter bones. :)

3. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
  4. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Ooooo when is this coming out?

5. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    It will be available on Apple TV first. The iPad/iPhone version is going through final testing and will also be submitted for review soon.

6. SamTheMadRabbit

SamTheMadRabbit Active Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Player attack animation doesn't really look that good. It should probably have a slower pre-hit part and after that - the actual hit, wich should be much faster than it is now.

7. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Well I loved dungeon bandit and I'm super excited for this it looks great

8. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    We've come a long way since Dungeon Bandit!

Better sword animations may be added later. I also wanted a heavy attack where you would hold to charge it up, and some other environmental hazards. Had to draw the line somewhere to get it ready in time for the Apple TV. Things are looking good on the iPhone version and it should be ready very soon.

9. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Heavy Blade is available on Apple TV now!

The IOS version is waiting for review and will be a universal purchase once available.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Awesome... The appstore definitely needs a realtime, non-tiled first person dungeon crawler right now. Looking forward to this... Im still not convinced with Heavy Sword for the title after seeing the videos, although the Heavy Sword might be the bad guy's signature weapon of sorts, which would make senses by then.

11. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    This game started out as a turn based dungeon crawler like Legend of Grimrock or Dungeon Master, but since that came out on iOS it was changed to allow free movement and gameplay more like the original Doom. I like the way it turned out :) "Heavy" also refers to the style of music in the game.

There are no puzzles in the game or anything that slows the gameplay down. It's just pure action, of course you're free to explore and look around when you've cleared an area. It's a really a great game for the Apple TV because it can be played with the simple remote. If you like games like Doom or Destiny you'll like this one.

12. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I love the idea to use the doom style view I hope it doesn't sit in review forever cause I am super excited to play this :)

13. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008