After Upgrading To iOS4, All Game Saves Not Present

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by DKainer, Jun 23, 2010.

1. DKainer

DKainer Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Hi guys, as the title suggests, I seem to have lost all my game saves.
    After going through and starting my various games, I have to start at the beginning of every game.

I'm sure other people have experienced this and would be happy for some advice regarding whether I can restore the saved games or not.

Or redirecting to another thread with all the info.

Thanks.

2. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    Hm... Are you sure you restored to a backup and didn't set up as a new iPod/iPhone? Are you sure you backed it up in the first place?

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Mine are all intact. Strange.

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    That happened to me once. I still have no idea until now what happened, but that backup was just corrupt I suppose, all my game save went poof. I was so frustrated.

Luckily I had another backup from 2 months ago so I restored that one, though I lost progress on some games and had to restart on a few new games, at least I didn't lose everything.

If you're re restoring from an old back up, make sure to have a backup of your current one too. For me, the photos and SMS are most important, so after restoring to the previous backup, I restore the photos and SMS from the new backup.

Sorry if I'm confusing you.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    took me almost two hours to backup and install the OS, but um..everything is here. No, i dont think you'll be getting any files back sadly.

6. DKainer

DKainer Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    I think I must've been going mad since I've just checked and am now able to load my game saves.
    Feel like a right plonker, d-oh! Anyway, just glad I'm able to carry on with Space Miner.
    The only game I really pick up and play.