Mean Streets - F2P Punch Out-like Action game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CraftshopArts, Mar 22, 2016.

1. CraftshopArts

CraftshopArts Member

Mar 22, 2016
    #1 CraftshopArts, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Hello guys,

Posting a video for our first mobile project thats in development, tentatively titled Mean Streets. The game is heavily inspire by Punch Out style mechanics using directional swipes, matched with art inspired by Team Fortress 2. Although this video is from last year and doesnt include shots of the Map, The multiple character development/unlocking, and the rest of the meta game, we wanted to get a sense of people thoughts on the action segments with our old trailer and if there is still a strong audience looking for more substance in actual combat scenarios. Feedback and thoughts are very welcome aswell as what would make an overall rich experience for you. Theres quite a bit not shown, but hopefully this is a start.

Youtube video:

thanks everyone

Attached Files:

2. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    #2 Kimchisoju, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Yes yes and more yes! I'd sink my money into this!

Thank you devs for being amazing! Can't wait for the release!
    First thing I thought was, "this will be an iOS game?? The second thing was, the physics look great! The hit detection and the facial expressions remind me of the newer street fighters. Definitely not done. Saw some things here and there but I hope the release window us small! I can't wait to get my hands in it.
    Questions:
    1: online play? (Would make a great Esports title) and fun with friends
    2:will the character portraits have facial damage through the fights?
    3: character customization IF there is a multiplayer
    4: beta release plans? (SIGN ME UP!)
    5: can I give you devs a hug?
    As regards to substance:
    The trailers already from last year, so I don't know how far along the game is but I think substance is in the bag. No qualms there. The attacks at first I thought, oh punching cool! Then the character did a round house and I was like, allrigghhht! Yeah! Then an uppercut and that's when I began salivating, honestly, I love the 80's 90's vibe. the exaggerated features. Everything

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    WOW!!! this is wonderful!

when can we see it?

4. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    this is looking amazing! oh my God! waiting for sure.

5. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    This looks great guys! I poured so many hours in Super Punch Out it was kinda ridiculous. Excited to check this out when it is ready to go. If youre looking for some friendly feedback from a fellow dev, let me know. Would love to help out.

Cheers!

6. Cause007

Cause007 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    #6 Cause007, Mar 22, 2016
    Small suggestion/request

Wow! I'll be looking forward to this. The comedic theme is spot on. I love the character running through a back hallway punching innocent (?) by-standards out of his way and that you have "quests" to beat up people. I'm hoping I have the right idea that you play as a not-so-heroic jerk, as the video seems to hint at... sort of like Deadpool's attitude before the superpowers.

UPDATE: I re-watched the video and saw the "uninvited guests" were who he was punching in the back hallway. Still not a bad idea, but I still home the main character is a little unsavory and not just a one-dimensional hero.

I do have one minor suggestion: Please replace the sound effects for the combo counter and dodge... the coin chime is too reminiscent of the worst kind of F2P games where your sole purpose is to collect coins. Maybe a boxing bell or something, but just not a coin chime.

7. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hope this goes on TestFlight :)

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Props to the dev team on this one. It looks great.

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #9 LordShad0wz, Mar 22, 2016
    Holy SH*T!

This game looks awesome! That video is incredible! Please if you need testers I'm in!

I can't wait for this! That part of the video when he kicks the door in and then starts punching each guy out was epic!

We need this game now! I don't even care how much it is. Take my money now!

I can't believe this video is old. I'd like to see an updated one with what has been added.

Billy

10. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Yyyyyesssssssss!!!!!!!!

11. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Nice good job debts ####

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ha, thought same!

13. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I love Punch-Out, so this looks AMAZING.

Which makes me even more sad it's f2p. :(

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    first, looks amazing but i hope this will be F2P done right.
    Second, it loks amazing, and hopefully there will be an rpg-style progression and character customisation
    Third, it looks amazing, but so did Epic of Kings, and look what happened. I hope for the best, but refuse to be hyped after this.

15. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I hope the game is almost complete. A PvP aspect would be awesome. I'm down for getting the beta too.

16. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I hope there will be a premium option, I am tired of the f2p

17. chamillion205

chamillion205 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    hotel cook
    BIRMINGHAM
    Please offer a premium option as well. I tired of good games having a f2p model only...

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This is killer

19. CraftshopArts

CraftshopArts Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Thanks for the feedback

To answer a few of the questions:

-The current goal is for your team of Bouncers to grow their companys reputation as muscle for hire around the rough college town. Campus security does little to stop the inevitable trouble for people and businesses around town.
    So the game will have you recruit a large number of diverse characters by literally unlocking the baddest of the bad delinquents from a town security office. From then on youll use them to complete missions as you get more and more phone calls for business. One main goal is to create a vast cast characters you get to know very well around the campus.

-Yes at the moment we have planned for mobile platforms
    -Definitely looking into Online play aswell as Pvp modes
    -Although the focus is collecting unique recruits, there will be an emphasis on building each.
    -Customization is still in our thoughts.
    -Time wise, not close. Development had been halted for a while, we are hoping to flush out more of the project and look for avenues of funding.
    -When the time is right, we will definitely be looking for testing/feedback.
    -We understand your concerns over f2p vs premium as we have the same. As devs we have decades of experience making premium products, and we only try to work with where the market goes, but rest assured future projects maybe go down the premium route.

20. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    looks freakin amazing. as beautiful as i can imagine about punch out remake :D. i need to see more video on the newest version.