iPhone Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars Heading to iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by salsamd, Jun 9, 2010.

1. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    i hope this is an iphone picture!
    looks pretty bad.

2. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Can't wait for this, especially since I don't have the iPhone/iTouch version.

The only reason I might not pick it up is the price. Isn't the iPhone version $9.99? That means they'll probably charge $14.99 or $19.99 for the iPad version, which will probably be too hard for me to swallow.

3. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Not necessarily. They priced the ipad version of COD (which had the first 2 maps) at $14.99 (the same as the first two maps on the iphone ($9.99 + $4.99DLC))..

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Even if they did (unlikely, as salsa explained), it'd still be either same price or cheaper than the DS or PSP version:

[​IMG]

5. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    What I would like to see is a port of the GTA4 racing physics ported to ipad as a racing game. I never liked the car physics of Midnight Club madness so I hope they create a racing game based on GTA4 car physics. Especially being able to get out of the car and take another one during a race. GTA Race is my favorite game to play on the PS3. I would love to have that experience on the ipad(with reduced graphics of course).

6. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Hopefully they'll add back the pedestrian voices, multiplayer, and the PSP exclusive missions. Along with the improved graphics, that might help justify a higher price of the iPad version if it comes to that. These features could then be available as DLC on the iPhone version. Although ideally, as many graphical improvements as possible would be back-ported for free to the iPhone version like shader effects for the iPhone 3GS, 3rd gen iPod Touch, and iPhone 4, and higher resolution textures for the iPhone 4.

7. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I want the PSP & PS2 GTAs. It would be great to play on iPad.

Like, this will be great for my dad to play (50 something), but I already like the iPhone version because I love the portability.

8. DaDramaLlama

DaDramaLlama Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Eliminate Waitingville
    Yeah def agree. The iPad could easily handle GTA San Andreas or GTA 3. I'm getting confused with rockstar cause the only way I'm getting this is if multiplayer is with it.

9. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    What would really be cool is a game in the Red Dead series on the DS, PSP, iPhone & iPad.

10. RandomSomebody

RandomSomebody Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
  11. RandomSomebody

RandomSomebody Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Hmmm, I wonder if they were referring to July.

12. castle

castle New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Good game on the good console

13. this game is soooooo...
    January 2010
    :(