Cave World Summer Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sladeums, Aug 11, 2012.

1. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    #1 sladeums, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  2. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Darn, I was hoping Bug Princess 2 Black Label would go on sale, since I already have Bug Princess 2.

Anyways, these are all highly recommended to shmup enthusiasts.

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    You've got to be kidding me. BP Black Label is not part of this sale?! It's the only Cave game I don't have.

4. Cave games are zeeeeee best! Only one I don't have that I want is Deathsmiles, was waiting for a hd version, but looks like it isn't going to come I suppose. So maybe I'll have to pick it up during this sale.

5. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Wow, this night I need remove some apps and make a lot of free space... CAVE weekend. :D

6. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    What do you think about Dodonpachi Blissful Death and Dodonpachi Resurrection (HD)? I don't know this franchise.

7. Dodonpachi ressurection hd is awesome. Would very highly recommend it. Blissful death doesn't have hd, so I didn't buy it cause I play on an ipad, and hate non hd games. Also, the lite version of blissful death didn't grab me as a must have.

Dodonpachi resurrection hd also plays very good on my iphone 4 and my new ipad. Pick it up. Also recommend Bug Princess 2, even though it's not hd, it is universal, and is really fun. Esp2 hd is good too. Heck for 99 cents, bug panic is great too. Actually anything cave is good, just wish deathsmiles was hd, but this sale may force me to buy it.

8. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #8 SumoSplash, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    Why aren't the separate versions of Espgaluda II AC and SP on sale?

EDIT: I guess they won't put them on sale because if they drop them more than a dollar each then it would be cheaper to buy these and avoid buying the the 10.99 version.

9. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    thanks for the advice! bought. :D

10. Wow, that link was cool! Didn't know what it was going to be, but see that you bought ALL the games that I recommended. Maybe I'll have to go to cave and ask for a 10% commission haha.

But I'm jealous that you got deathsmiles. Been waiting forever for a universal or hd version, so guess it's not coming, so I got a couple of days to think about it. Also, if you like shmups, keep a lookout for Dariusburst and Space Tripper, they are good side scrollers like deathsmiles.

Hope you have fun playing your new cave games.

11. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    You now basically have an arcade on your iPhone/Pod. ;)

12. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Yeah, I was waiting this sale for a long time. (Now I need a new iPhone with more memory.) Only I played Deathsmilies and Bug Princess (1) and I enjoyed so much. This will be a very lazy weekend haha.

PD: I took note of Dariusburst and Space Tripper.

:eek:

Seriously this developer (CAVE), is one of the few reasons for non jump to Android as my primary phone.

13. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Ok so I can only buy 1 more and I'm missing 2. DDPR or Espgaluda II?

14. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Geez, that's a toughy right there. DDP Res is kinda the whole package: awesome visuals and music, lots of content, and plenty of Japanese mech otaku overload. EspII, though, has a really fun scoring system when playing the Smartphone mode. I love 'em both. EspII is probably the one I've spent the most time with, but if you can choose only one, like I said, DDP Res has it all, really.

15. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    If you guys could recommend one, which would it be? I don't currently own any Cave games, but these seem interesting. Btw what's the difference between all of these if they are all schmups? And do any of them have stories?

16. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    DDPR it is, thanks :D

17. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Most of the shooters available from Cave on iOS are similar, but they vary in their scoring systems and, of course, settings and aesthetics. So, with DDP Res, for instance, it's more sci-fi/Xenosaga-esque, whereas EspII is more of a fantasy setting. Then you have Deathsmiles (my personal favorite), which is a horizontal (the only one from Cave on iOS) shooter with a heavy Castlevania vibe.

If you're interested in some semblance of adventure, Deathsmiles has a mode that allows you to buy gear for the main character and a story, albeit fairly abbreviated. Otherwise, all of their games are very arcadey, but in the very best sense. These are definitely worth their asking price. Whenever I play any of their games, it gives me that same awesome feeling I'd get standing in front of an arcade cabinet (without the B.O. smell of kids standing next to me).

18. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Sounds great then. I think I'll get Deathsmiles and Espagulda II for now :D

19. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I've all of them except the HD versions ( wish the HD versions were a little cheaper but i'll still pick them up) still hoping/praying for a HD version of deathsmiles.

20. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Great choices. Try out Bug Panic lite version if your into dual stick shooters (although its not "technically" a dual stick shooter). Beat the 1st world and spend some time in the endless or timed modes. Its what convinced me to buy Bug Panic (my first Cave game).

Check out the thread in my sig for others' feedback for their favorite Cave games. =)