Universal David. (By Andrew Armstrong)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Rennerd

Rennerd Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Annnnnnd, crash. Huzzah.

2. Fermenter

Fermenter Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Not sure if this is a sarcastic "Huzzah", but I think it is. Sorry, Rennerd, did it crash on you? I wanna help/fix/say sorry! Could I get some more info about the crash?

3. Rennerd

Apr 30, 2014
    The game opened fine. I touched "New" and it got underlined, so I touched it again. Then I crashed. Using a fourth gen iPod.

4. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Right, so I've finished all the levels now on easy. I've tried on hard but it's impossible to me.

What do I do now?

5. Rennerd

Apr 30, 2014
    Get better? :3

6. iforce2d

iforce2d Member

This looks awesome! I just got it, but haven't been able to play using iPad1 (iOS 5.1). Fair enough, the description does say it may not run correctly on older devices, but perhaps you could be a bit more specific.

I got as far as the "now let's learn to move" part of the tutorial, which incidentally took about ten minutes because the intro (about 'there is evil' etc) seems ungodly slow, perhaps you are using some fill-rate dependent methods that this ancient gpu can't handle. Looking at the device log it appears to be killed by the OS due to simply using too much memory (iPad1 only has 256mb total).

Unfortunately now I cannot seem to get even that far, as the app exits when I choose 'New', like the other guy says above. I thought this might be caused by reading some save file, because it didn't happen the first time, so I reinstalled the app but strangely it had no effect.

I was encouraged by the mention of "support for older iPads" in the app description, but if I had to guess, I would say you have not actually tried it on a real device? In further support of this theory is that the app does not even start at all on my iPod4 running iOS 4.3, even though it should according to the app store description, and the crashlog says you are using an API that does not exist in iOS4.

Even though in theory a lot can be done with the simulator, perhaps it would be better to make the app description/rating only include real hardware you have actually checked with. I know not everybody has as many old junk devices lying around as I do (and Apple only makes life harder because downgrading iOS is so damn difficult), but iirc the app description can be changed anytime, so you could update it whenever you come across a real device to check with.

7. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    75000 downloads recently. (90%+ of those were from that free promo. :p)
    Yo hey by the way, David is just a dollar for a while!

8. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    David 1.1 is almost here.
    SOON!

I do apologize for the long long wait, but hey, I've made a ton of progress on a bunch of big and small things with David, and I hope you'll love it. The goal is to release within the next month. #slowandUNsteady

Here's a sneak peak gif at the least interesting one of the new little set of levels.

[​IMG]

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Better late than never!

Thanks for the gif, looks sweet!

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOOHOOOOO!!! Can't wait!

11. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Sounds nice. Is this going to be a new release or update?

12. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks for the support. Encouraging to know that this work won't go unnoticed.

It'll be a free update. :)

13. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    I had to work SO hard to beat all the levels on hard. But once I started to get the hang of it, it wasn't so bad actually. It took a few days of playing after the kids went to bed.

Fantastic game!

14. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    You're always so kind! Thank you very much. I'm glad you had fun with it, and HIGH FIVE for beating them all on hard. :cool:

15. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    You beat Flee on hard? You have my respect, that level makes me ragequit the game.

16. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Haha, that's definitely the level I get the most "It makes me wanna diiiiie" feedback on. Congrats to all who have conquered it!

17. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    [​IMG]

David 1.1 is on its way through the Apple tubes. Get ready to hate these new levels.

[​IMG]

3 new levels in fact. And some yellow hair or something. Good luck! :cool:

18. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Apple says version 1.1 is out!

Here's a few promo codes for you touchers:
    http://codehookup.com/358d8cbf

Also, if you miss these, it's going on sale for $1 really soon. Have fun, and let me know what you think!

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Heck ya!!!!

20. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    #240 Fermenter, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

EDIT: If you'd be so kind, it'd be really helpful if anybody can re-rate/review the app. (Those ratings reset every version, and it doesn't look great to have no rating.)