Shrek Kart (videos + screens)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mallory623, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mallory623

mallory623 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Production Artist/Graphic Artist
    Seattle, WA
    #1 mallory623, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
  2. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Nice find. It was hard to tell much in terms of gameplay from the vid though...the camera changed so friggin fast...

3. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Love Shrek, so this may mean instant buy..

4. mallory623

mallory623 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Production Artist/Graphic Artist
    Seattle, WA
    This will be on my iPhone the second it comes out. I've waited to long for another kart racer since Crash. The iPhone is built for this type of game and I'm extremely happy that Gameloft is the one that's releasing it. Should be a winner!

5. nielololek

nielololek Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
  6. Hawkwind

Hawkwind Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Big board creation/admin
    Nr London
    Looks great. Never liked Mario anyway, far prefer Shrek :)

7. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Yeah, i'm surprised its taken so long since Crash - especially considering how successful that game was - I remember reading that it sold close to 1m copies and hasn't ever dropped below $5.99!!!

Lets hope either this or Konami's game betters that game with more content, better controls etc.

8. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    A new trailer video from Gameloft has been released, it shows all 9 of the characters that are in the game:

9. rhenzhen

rhenzhen Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    NY, USA
    Wow... So Shrek is the new Mario... I can't wait to see Super Shrek Bros. :D

10. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    Why must the music in these preview videos always be so terrible? It's always a horrible "rock and roll" sounding thing, but kinda simplified, as though it's for children, etc. It's always so lame and painful sounding, clearly the game maker's way of saying "hey here's some fun!!!!"

11. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I'm constantly pissed at how people use the word "Horrible" these days. Does anyone know what that word means? It shouldn't be used in this context. I think the word you're looking for is "drab" or "dull". I dunno. I'm just sick of constantly hearing and seeing that word. And why are you disturbed at the "Here have fun" type pitch. That's what this game is supposed to do. And given the fact that Shrek is childish, why shouldn't the music be childish?
    Do you have any better idea for a song?

But whatever. I'm not really interested in the Mario Kart type games. I'm waiting for Asphalt.

12. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    This has been submitted as said on their Twitter page :D! Looks fun and entertaining... Will feature multiplayer too, but maybe they meant someone near you.

13. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    It will be Wifi. Gameloft is working on putting wifi servers for their games. It takes a while. It'll probably be released before they can even finish the server.

14. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

What's their twitter page?

15. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    Actually I'm not sure you understand the definition of the word.

As per dictionary.com:

1. causing or tending to cause horror; shockingly dreadful: a horrible sight.
    2. extremely unpleasant; deplorable; disgusting: horrible living conditions.

Opinions being subjective, "horrible" perfectly describes the music in the trailer, for me anyhow. I don't find it dull or drab- I find it horrible.

If you're going to be a definition Nazi, you should probably at least be correct about it.

That kind of helps.

16. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    #16 CaseyLay, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    I know exactly what the word means. I just had no idea why you'd find this song shockingly dreadful or disgusting. It's not "ear rape". I'm just sick of hearing and seeing that word when it just isn't needed. It may not be the best song, but it fits the content, and its definitely not "horrible".

17. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Ummm. It's a racing game featuring Shrek characters. it kind of is a game for kids dontcha think?

-_- Well I'm getting sick of the amount of people I see using "Nazi".... Seriously guys.... Can that stop?

18. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Curious is there a youtube clip of some music that you think fits this game better?

19. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    That's what I'm trying to say.. It's for kids. Well, some adults may enjoy this type of game, but it's not something I care for that much

I don't mind that. Just the word "horrible". It sounds like something a little kid would say all the time. My little cousins say it a lot and it's just overly irritating! Besides, I hate that word! It's an onomatopoeia to me.

20. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    When you guys are done fighting over the word horrible, I'll be playing Shrek Kart :p