Universal Crash Dive (by Panic Ensues Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Hi,
    I have both and this one is much better! Very good AI and a real well made tutorial. If you are going to get only one game I would take this.

But this is more a simulation and it is real time. And you have only one sub at time. So both are really different games.

Regards,
    Mythbuster

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #62 VirtualBoyFreak, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Thanks Mythbuster, sounds fantastic. I'll be checking some vids first, but I rather have a good real time sub sim. Has this one got random missions? EDIT: read "random encounter generator" in the description, Doh! :p thanks heaps. EDIT 2: bought and installing. Let's see if it's worth it. At least devs update the app a lot and it's premium priced with no price modifications since launch. That's a good sign ( Junk Jack did the same)

3. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    #63 Mythbuster, May 18, 2015
    Hi,
    if you like the classical Sub Sims for PC like Silent Service then this one will not disappoint you. In my opinion it is made perfect for iOS, also it looks great on my iPhone 6+ ...

I am sure you will not regret the purchase! :)

Please let me know what you think about it!

4. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #64 VirtualBoyFreak, May 18, 2015
    I'm 37, played one on my dad's old 8088 PC 25-30 years ago and loved it. I guess this one will play similar from all I've read :) I also love it's a small download. I run away from GB downloads lately.

EDIT: played the tutorials and I am patrolling on easy atm. Very, very good. Just what I was looking for. Very playable on my 4S, but I'll install it on my iPad3 because some text is a bit tiny. Eyesight doesn't age well :p

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #65 VirtualBoyFreak, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Killed on my first war patrol on easy. Sunk around 25 ships, global position 560. You were right, I don't regret my purchase at all and it's a great submarine sim, ideal for portable devices. I guess this one is much easier for a quick game than Atlantic Fleet, which seems much more strategy-oriented and complex gameplay-wise than this one (and I still have to replay part of the tutorial, because I didn't quite get that multi-ship selection and sinking...)

6. Mike48

Mike48 New Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Crash Dive Resupply

How do you Resupply torpedoes and such?

7. thematrixx

thematrixx Active Member

Feb 12, 2013
    If only the developer would not give destroyers unlimited ammo

8. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Because it has very niche appeal, and a low price isn't going to entice enough people to make up for the loss in revenue. Conversely, players interested in a submarine sim will happily purchase at that price. And let's be clear, 7 bucks is still a STEAL for a video game, and I wish you'd all check your entitlement. This isn't greed, this is simple return on investment.

If you can't rely on huge downloads, you have to price accordingly to make your development costs back. This is the same reason that devs like Slitherine price their products similarly.