Apps investing website - thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JBarber1978, Dec 19, 2010.

1. JBarber1978

JBarber1978 New Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Hi all,

I hope not this is seen as spamming, I am genuinely looking for just a few opinions.

I come in peace!

My company is currently working on an apps investor website. It is likely to launch in BETA format in March 2011.

The idea is to create a place for independent apps developers to meet with angel investors. We have a few funky ideas where apps developers can pitch their ideas and discuss ROI's.

I know of one site which is creating a kind of wharehouse where investors can pre-buy apps and the website takes a slice off the top. We are a little more imaginative than that!

I was just looking for some early feedback and wondered if you felt there was demnad for such a site; what you would need in the site to make it interesting and profitable, and what could be there to ensure transparancy and reasurance that funds were well backed.

Any comments you have in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon

2. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    Pre-Buy apps? What exactly do you mean by that?

3. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    #3 K?!, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
    I can guarantee you, there is a website that does exactly what you described here. I'll post the link if I can remember it. Also, your biggest problem would be developers and investors who would bypass your system and not give you your cut. Think about what the site does beyond connecting investors and devs; feedback/security/support/marketing ect.

edit; misread your post. So your going to be focusing on adding additional tools for the investors, right? Make a clear list of every reason your site is more than just getting developers investors.

4. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    there are plenty of websites, not only for ios dev, but also covers the whole IT field.

5. tantrikninja

tantrikninja Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #5 tantrikninja, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
    Sounds interesting if us internationals can participate also and as well. And esp. if it's through some sort of in-app purchase system. . . . .cause that's most convenient seeing as payment details have already been submitted through itunes which feels secure enough. . . .

Been whining to be able to put money in apple stock since way back in 2002. But no dice. Missed that boat by a mile.

Sooo - If your app thingie allows everybody - regardless of geopolitical control restrictions ect. ect. however you want to call it - to participate in the App Software Bubble - let's just say - then that might just work.

As it stands - forget investing - we cannot even purchase music off of iTunes in most countries - or at least a few - where we thanks god a couple of app at least is available. No Dragon Dictation as of yet.