Homeland

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 9, 2014.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I guess i'm late to the show... just finished the third season minutes ago with the wife and i'm just amazed :eek: I thought it couldn't get better than Breaking Bad but the writing is right up there on the same platform.

We finished all three seasons over the past few weeks and there's now an annoying void which needs to be filled. Anyone kind enough to offer their recommendations? Dexter perhaps? Only reason i'm staying away is because of the way i've heard they dropped the ball on the finale...

2. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Don't let all the hating for the finale put you off! They did kind of drop the ball in the last couple of seasons, but I thought the finale was actually rather good (though also kind of weird)

3. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Heh thanks - may just give it a watch after all then.

4. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    dexter is right up there with the best. seriously you should watch it in its entirety. in season 3 it gets a little dumb, but straightens itself out. I haven't seen the final season yet, but i can vouch for the rest.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #5 psj3809, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Homeland season 1 and 2 were superb, thought 3 was average, still good but the end surprised me. I cant see season 4 being a big hit (spoilers ahead......)
    I mean with the main character gone i cant see what they can do. It reminds me of the Office, when Steve Carrell left they tried to carry on but it wasnt the same and it ended a few seasons later. Homeland without Nick Brody i cant see it being as good if its just Carrie

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    As for current shows i'm watching - Walking Dead, love the graphic novels, season 1 was great but now its turned into a soap opera, give me zombies not constant deep chats with people.

Revolution isnt bad, i've kept with it, has potential but i can see that maybe being axed.

The Following is a good program, got a fair few of these to watch.

7. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    I agree (Spoilers ahead)...

The Brody / Saul / Carrie combo was extremely fun to watch. The new CIA director's character is a real d*** in comparison, and it'll indeed be interesting to see where they take the show from here.

I could have sworn Saul was a double agent, from the first episode where he failed the polygraph :D. Who did pass the razor on to the guy being interrogated in the room; was it ever revealed or did I miss something?

Will give Dexter a try based on opinions here!

8. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I think it was Brody, wasn't it? My memory of it is rather vague though

Homeland is going downhill, but it'll be fun to see the story move to Istanbul!