Upgraded from iPod Touch to iPhone 3G S and lost all data

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crunc, Jul 3, 2009.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I bought an iPhone 3G S, formerly having a 1st gen iPod Touch, and I love the 3G S, except that I've lost all my application data in the process, including all game progress. :( I "restored from backup", selecting my iPod Touch's backup, and while it put all my application, music, photos, settings, etc, on there, it didn't copy any of my 3rd party application data. Is this normal or did something go awry? Is there any way to get my app data from my iPod touch to my 3G S?

Both are running the 3.0 firmware, incidentally.

2. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    it sucks, but no, you cannot get your app data to your iphone 3gs

3. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    If you are talking about 3rd party in the sense of apps from cydia, then yes, you will lose those since apple does not approve of that and obviously wouldn't want to do a favor by backing that up. If you still have your touch though, I believe that you can load an app called aptbackup or something like that which will somehow back up your data (I have never used it so am not sure of how it works but I have heard it does work). And if you also lost your game progress I might suggest trying to back it up again and seeing if the backup was corrupt.

EDIT: I guess 5j gave you the answer.