Str8ts 6x6 (approved tomorrow?)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

First off,

A huge thanks to everyone on touchArcade for helping Str8ts do so well in the first few weeks.

I would like to intro our 6 x 6 version the smaller version of the Str8ts 9 x 9. 6 x 6 is definitely a stand alone puzzle. It has a different taste than the 9 x 9.
    I make a lot more mistakes in this smaller puzzle. No idea why! This puzzler is perfect when you only have a few minutes in a hectic day. The real nice thing about this puzzle the clues can be reduced to less than a hand full and still produce a unique solution. Andrew Stuart has really done some magic again hand picking 800 puzzles ( 4 levels x 200 puzzles ) We believe in value and making sure we keep puzzlers happy.

At 0.99 cents it allows puzzle fans to test the concept of Str8ts. A lite version is planned with 20 puzzles ( 6 x 6 ) We need the code from the 6 x 6 to be able to link our add in the Lite version. So we are looking at another two weeks for the free version. Sorry, it was supposed to be the other way around. Enjoy the screen shots. One definite advantage is the extra space on the screen.

Jeff Widderich
    syndicated Puzzles

Attached Files:

2. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Should also be an update to the full app... just sayin.

No need to have people buy an app to test it out.

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Hi Tim,
    My choice of words is misleading, I agree. The two games are separate entities. The game mechanics ( concept ) is the same. My point was you can try out the concept for .99 c instead of 2.99 for the 9 x 9 version. Our website www.str8ts.com has both version as daily on line puzzles as well for anyone to try out the 6 x 6.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Well I'll be looking forward to it. Jeff, you and Andrew work some nice magic with your games.

I could see the 6x6 being a subset of the 9x9 game though. I don't know much about the marketing aspects, but could it make a feasible $3.99? Then everyone is happy, and we save an icon space on the springboard.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Yeah, I'd rather purchase the 6x6 set in the original game as an in-game purchase than have two icons. (16 pages on my iPod Touch and they're all full... :eek:)

Although I'd have to say the 9x9 game works very well as a play for a few minutes type of game, as it seems I usually get stuck, and when I come back later I get hit with the Aha!s and see obvious things I missed before...

I really enjoy this game (the original 9x9 version).

6. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Another one to look forward to!

BTW I'm still waiting to be able to see the DominoDice scores on your website - when will this be active???

Cheers,

Jamie.

7. Syndicated Puzzles

Andrew has built everything> we have been waiting on the graphics. I will speed the process up. I will try to get Andrew to post it tomorrow.

Jeff

8. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Any news on the DominoDice site? Or Str8ts 6x6?

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have been checking every day .... no luck.

I guess one of these days...