iPhone Imperfect Balance HD (crash, collapse and destroy!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ttursas, Nov 27, 2011.

1. ttursas

ttursas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    #1 ttursas, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
    Here are a couple of pictures of our next iPad game (exclusively shown here @ touchArcade!) - Imperfect Balance HD! In Perfect Balance HD (out already) you needed to stack all the given shapes so that none fell off the screen. Imperfect Balance is the exact opposite - you need to make all blocks vanish by making them fall off the screen, explode, burn...

Imperfect Balance HD contains all three Imperfect Balance games for Flash, but we've modified Imperfect Balance 1 quite heavily, most of the levels might feel new, and other games have gotten lots of love as well. :) Oh yes, Imperfect Balance 3 for Flash will be out a little bit after Imperfect Balance HD hits the App Store (mid December 2011, hopefully), so not everything is old here. IB HD will also have improved and more configurable controls, more realistic glass physics, HD graphics (1024x768 vs 600x500), higher quality audio, better GUI...

Anyway, stay tuned! The graphics you see in these pictures are bound to change (the static blocks are too dark, the buttons are not final...) as we are working on them at the moment and some of the sprites are still placeholders, but more later.

Here are links to the Flash games:

Imperfect Balance 1: Imperfect Balance 1 @ Kongregate
    Imperfect Balance 2: Imperfect Balance 2 @ Kongregate

Oh yes, and the price will be $0.99. Contains 60+45+45 = 150 levels. We'll add more levels if the game starts doing well. :)

Attached Files:

2. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    More pics, from today's build

We spent today fixing the levels, adding more particles effects, making new background images, etc. There's still a lot to do, but we are one step closer to the last milestone after each day. :)

Attached Files:

3. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Even more pics, from today's build...

The game is almost ready, so we've given it to our testers, and everyone of us will spend this weekend playing the game and spotting bugs. This is the third bug hunting round, actually, so everything looks pretty nice. :) We'll submit the game to Apple for approval next week, and hopefully it'll be out before Christmas! More screenshots and videos later this week, or early next week.

Attached Files:

4. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    #4 ttursas, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    Just added support for Game Center (with achievements)...

Yeah, the game will support both OpenFeint and Game Center with achievements worth 990 points. I hope I can submit the game to Apple before Friday next week. Not much is missing...

Here's what I'm going to put into the app description, or at least something like this:

Unbalance towers, make constructions fall, or just blow them to pieces with bombs. Do you dislike all those games where you need to balance blocks with super precision? In this game you can make those blocks pay! Sit back and enjoy the explosions!

Imperfect Balance HD is a physics puzzle game where the objective is to clear the levels of loose blocks. It contains the three popular Imperfect Balance Flash games with lots of modifications to the levels, high quality HD graphics, BGM and SFX, improved controls and glass physics, and it's just the most complete Imperfect Balance experience there is.

Features:
    * Trains your brain, and you can still have a blast!
    * 150 levels split into three games
    * Plenty of improvements to the original levels, and we've replaced some completely with better puzzles
    * Every level has multiple solutions, and simpler solutions are worth more points
    * HD graphics
    * Nicer particle effects, more special effects, and smoother polygons on iPad 2
    * Supports OpenFeint and Game Center with achievements

5. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Oh yes, some more screenshots...

From today's build.

Attached Files:

6. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    #6 ttursas, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    I just submitted the game to Apple!

As I write this reply I'm uploading the final v1.0.0 build to Apple. I hope they'll approve and release the game asap. :) And when it comes out we'll also release Imperfect Balance 3 for Flash for those who don't have an iPad... I'll post links to some YouTube videos tomorrow after I've recorded and uploaded them. :)

Here's the icon.

Attached Files:

7. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    ... and here are some YouTube videos

Sorry about the quality, I lack the skills to take decent captures from my iPad's screen... We'll try again tomorrow. :)

8. ttursas

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
    Free!

Both Perfect Balance HD and Imperfect Balance HD are free this weekend! If you like them, please leave a positive review. Thanks!

9. jacketsodaly

jacketsodaly New Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Imperfect Balance HD is a physics puzzle game where the objective is to clear the levels of loose blocks. It contains the three popular Imperfect Balance Flash games with lots of modifications to the levels, high quality HD graphics, BGM and SFX, improved controls and glass physics, and it's just the most complete Imperfect Balance experience there is.
    I agree with you, thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    party dresses|homecoming dresses|flower girl dresses