What do you guys use for app stats?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Foursaken_Media, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I'm looking for the MOST amount of stats I can get about our games.

I've seen people talking about average playing times and other stats like this... so what do you guys use for sales, ranking, and anything else?

2. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    I think most of the devs use Flurry or PinchMedia. They are currently in the process of merging their features and services.

AppViz downloads and archives your sales reports from iTunes Connect and creates nice sales and income graphs and really about anything you can calculate from those reports. It also downloads all your reviews from the AppStore.

3. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

For sales, ranks, reviews... we use appfigures.com. It's really good. You can try it for free for a month or a couple of weeks I think, then it's just $5/month.

4. MajicRank is good for tracking app chart positions in all the app stores in the world.

It can also store the ranks and draw graphs of them.

It is also free.

The only downside is that it is very addictive, and can be heartbreaking once your apps start their slow slide off the charts.

5. DaveLev

DaveLev Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Indie Games Developer for iPhone
    Derby, UK.
    #5 DaveLev, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
    We use appfigures.com also, It's never let us down, reviews and ranks in all stores worldwide, the data comes straight from apple so is 100% accurate.

It also downloads your sales reports and creates a nice graph which can be modified to display Units or Profit, as well as loads of other features.

It's only $5 a month for 1 or 2 Apps, and $1.50 extra per app afterwards. Try the free trial to see if you like.

Oh and they do get addictive, you have to check your Apps rank every hour to see how it's doing.

6. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yeah we are using appfigures.com now and it is working great -- love that its web based and very easy to use. Thanks for your opinions.

Haha totally feel everyone on the addictiveness of chart checking. Its like, my life has no purpose until it hits the next hour and I can refresh to see our latest stats (okay, not quite this bad :p)! Every hourly dip is like "Nooooooo, this is the end for us!" then it evens back out.

Haha, sad part is that hourly checking is probably pretty much worthless, but I can't help it. Sigh...

7. Venan

Venan Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Ditto appfigures - love it! And I totally check hourly rankings :)

8. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
  9. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    I guess that only means tools like Flurry that are actually written into the app?

10. jedc53

jedc53 New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    It is very flurry for analytics in-house reporting for sales analysis or reporting.This tool provides you with a way of gathering, storing,and calculating the stats from your audio or video server.I have been using Flurry,but it does not seem to be very accurate.I have compared to daily report.

11. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008