ITunes: No new releases since Feb 20th?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Manta Research, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Is it just me or is nobody seeing any updates to the new releases? Price changes are going through, but the last date I see for new releases is Feb 20th.

This is really annoying because we just released a game today and it's not showing up. If they don't fix this for a few days we're going to get hosed...

2. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

#2 Syndicated Puzzles, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    Maybe something big is in the pipeline. First the semi-nude apps where removed and the newly featured apps didn't show up yesterday either. No new apps being listed for 4 days? Something is up!

Manta Research,

Getting hosed really makes you sound Canadian. Eh
    I feel your pain. You might show up a few pages deep into the future.

3. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

They're setting up a pure Sinecure Industries feature week of course. Victory!

4. Sketch Games

Sketch Games Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    same problem here, our first game has been released on February 22nd and it still isnt showing up. This is just hilarious :/

5. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    crazy!

My game released yesterday, yet still new releases aren't updated from the 20th

I just hope they give 21st-today's release dates fair time in the new release section, but wonder what it is they could be doing that's holding this up??

6. Sketch Games

Sketch Games Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    looks like some new games are listed now, but our game isnt listed nor in puzzle section (our games has been released on February 22nd, yet some game from 23rd is already listed!), nor in education section (yet it is nr. 1 in Slovak store in these categories). Anybody has similar problem?

7. Manta Research

Manta Research Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Yeah it's messed up. In fact, our game which was released on Feb 5th has suddenly disappeared from page 2 of the racing section! At least something is changing which is a good thing.. hopefully they get this all sorted out soon.

I suspect they messed up their DB when they did that big purge a few days ago and that's why it's out of whack.

8. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    This happens all the time, my Lite version was released on the 8th and didn't show on the new releases list until the 11th. Luckily, I think something similar happened the following friday so it was on the first page of racing the following weekend instead. Of course this doesn't help on other, faster moving, new release pages.