Containment: The Zombie Puzzler - $4.99 -> $2.99 [iPad]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sapphire_neo, Feb 9, 2012.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011

Containment: The Zombie Puzzler

PAX10 Selection for 2012.

4.5 out of 5 Stars - toucharcade.com

“this unique project's new spin on the …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    PAX10 Selection for 2012.

4.5 out of 5 Stars - toucharcade.com

“this unique project's new spin on the walking dead is a can't-miss.” - GameCritics.com

"Bootsnake Games has delivered and certainly pleased us brain eaters" - Living Dead Media

"it’s a worthwhile twist on a concept that many gamers otherwise might not have given even a glance. " - Honest Gamers

---------------------------------------------------

NOT YOUR TYPICAL ZOMBIE PUZZLE GAME
    Because there are no zombie puzzle games. But even if there were, Containment: The Zombie Puzzler would be the best one. You don't match 3 of anything. There are no abstract objects that you have to put together. You surround zombies with 4 of the same unit, and destroy them. The zombies, not the units.

DIFFERENT UNITS KILL ZOMBIES IN DIFFERENT WAYS
    Actually, most of the time the zombies end up just getting shot. But they get shot in brutal ways by shotguns, M-16s, and handguns, depending on what type of unit you surround them with. If they still don't learn their lesson (and let's be honest, zombies usually don't learn lessons) a nice bonesaw might do the trick.

NO, SERIOUSLY, IN REALLY DIFFERENT WAYS
    Surrounding zombies with cops gets you a sniper shot item. You can use this item to instantly take out a zombie. Prefer something less surgical? Then surround those undead jerks with soldiers, and you'll get a grenade. Want something MORE surgical? Then surround the shambling horde with doctors and you'll get a suit that resists infection.

THAT'S RIGHT, WE SAID INFECTION
    But whatever you do to stop the zombie outbreak, you'd better do it fast. Every time you make a move, the zombies get closer to infecting nearby units. How can you even the odds? By using those items we mentioned a few sentences ago. You'll also drop giant objects from the sky, electrocute zombies with a lightning rod, and much, much more.

OH, AND DON'T FORGET THE BOSS BATTLES
    The zombies don't play fair. By themselves, the regular zombies are bad enough. But over the course of Containment: The Zombie Puzzler, you'll encounter a whole mess of different enemy types, including some killer boss fights. Only by using every trick in the book (along with new tricks that you'll discover in each stage) will you survive the zombie apocalypse.

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE
    Like an epic campaign mode with branching paths and over a hundred stages. Like Game Center integration so you can relive your past glories on a pretty wood and felt background. Like a Survival Mode with integrated leaderboards so you can make sure that your past glories are more glorious than your friends’.

DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
    All of this made GameCritics.com call our game “a brilliant new puzzler”. Gosh, that’s nice of them. They said we had “really gone above and beyond”. We certainly tried, and we think you’ll agree. But then they also said that “truly unique puzzle games are few and far between, but Containment: The Zombie Puzzler caught [their] attention from the first time [they] laid eyes on it.” Okay, now we’re blushing.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Dec 08, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    For people still on the fence Bootsnake Games has also released a Lite version today.

Containment: The Zombie Puzzler Lite

TRY YOUR HAND AT STOPPING THE ZOMBIE HORDE FOR FREE!!
    Containment: The Zombie Puzzler is a new breed of puzzle game.…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    TRY YOUR HAND AT STOPPING THE ZOMBIE HORDE FOR FREE!!
    Containment: The Zombie Puzzler is a new breed of puzzle game. Take charge in the city of Franklin and fight back against the zombie menace! Try out the first three chapters of the campaign. Then test your skills in the graveyard survival level!

Here is what the critics are saying about the full version of Containment: The Zombie Puzzler.

- 4.5 out of 5 Stars - toucharcade.com

- "Containment: The Zombie Puzzler is a frighteningly fresh take on the match-3 genre, and even manages to make zombies interesting again." - MobileTechReview

FULL VERSION DESCRIPTION

NOT YOUR TYPICAL ZOMBIE PUZZLE GAME
    Because there are no zombie puzzle games. But even if there were, Containment: The Zombie Puzzler would be the best one. You don't match 3 of anything. There are no abstract objects that you have to put together. You surround zombies with 4 of the same unit, and destroy them. The zombies, not the units.

DIFFERENT UNITS KILL ZOMBIES IN DIFFERENT WAYS
    Actually, most of the time the zombies end up just getting shot. But they get shot in brutal ways by shotguns, M-16s, and handguns, depending on what type of unit you surround them with. If they still don't learn their lesson (and let's be honest, zombies usually don't learn lessons) a nice bonesaw might do the trick.

NO, SERIOUSLY, IN REALLY DIFFERENT WAYS
    Surrounding zombies with cops gets you a sniper shot item. You can use this item to instantly take out a zombie. Prefer something less surgical? Then surround those undead jerks with soldiers, and you'll get a grenade. Want something MORE surgical? Then surround the shambling horde with doctors and you'll get a suit that resists infection.

THAT'S RIGHT, WE SAID INFECTION
    But whatever you do to stop the zombie outbreak, you'd better do it fast. Every time you make a move, the zombies get closer to infecting nearby units. How can you even the odds? By using those items we mentioned a few sentences ago. You'll also drop giant objects from the sky, electrocute zombies with a lightning rod, and much, much more.

OH, AND DON'T FORGET THE BOSS BATTLES
    The zombies don't play fair. By themselves, the regular zombies are bad enough. But over the course of Containment: The Zombie Puzzler, you'll encounter a whole mess of different enemy types, including some killer boss fights. Only by using every trick in the book (along with new tricks that you'll discover in each stage) will you survive the zombie apocalypse.

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE
    Like an epic campaign mode with branching paths and over a hundred stages. Like Game Center integration so you can relive your past glories on a pretty wood and felt background. Like a Survival Mode with integrated leaderboards so you can make sure that your past glories are more glorious than your friends’.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Feb 09, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    There's heaps of zombie puzzle games! Plants vs zombies is the most obvious one, but there's like hundreds

4. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Containment is a very unique match-3 title, might I recommend reading the TA review?

http://toucharcade.com/2011/12/15/containment-the-zombie-puzzler-review/

It recently received an update adding 10 more levels and a survival level.

5. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    if only it was compatible with ipod =[

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am really liking the Lite version. The graphics are lovely and the game somehow seems to emanate an atmosphere of menace. The gameplay is interesting and definitely a new twist on the match type genre. The overall presentation is fantastic! So tempting but so many games to play...

7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

#7 andsoitgoes, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    I echo this. Down to the too many games. But.... That's never stopped me.

But I'm torn on the controls. A lot of times I was left in the lurch because a swap wouldn't work. I tried the Tap and drag controls and found they were both problematic.

And I can't count how many times I wasn't able to swipe open a container because I had a survive selected. PLUS I sometimes find it is hard to figure out which survivor is which, especially when it gets chaotic.

8. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Yep the controls need work, why not just let us tap to select and tap again to place, why force the drag mechanic? Otherwise fun game and nice graphics.

9. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    #9 Card, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    Zombies and match 3... awesomeness.

10. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    i honestly don't understand why dragging the finder is such a bad thing...

in any case.... I'm getting an ipad soon, so imma be buying this now

11. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

#11 andsoitgoes, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    Um, you can change the controls to tap, yano... ;)

I just find it makes opening the boxes a built harder.

But the drag mechanic isn't a requirement. They both have their faults, though. When it gets hectic (which it does almost immediately) it seems to make it a bit harder than it should.

12. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    DOH! Well I'll be dipped, in that case, quite a fun game overall!