Universal TinyLegends: Monster Crasher - (by Triniti Interactive Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 8, 2013.

1. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Dude probably saves his money for beer and prostitutes. Gives him something to do between ios games going free.

2. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Or I'm willing to wait for impressions/future updates that will make the game more fun while spending time and money on other games on my iPad and wishlist. Not a big deal.

(Does Triniti have a reputation for going freemium very quickly? I kind of figured from the other posts but wasn't sure.)

3. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Do you want a written guarantee that is going to go free? It's a buck, if you wanna play it, buy it, or GTFO

4. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Súper boring! -.-zZzz

5. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    So is it real that we need connection to play?

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    If we all waited for games to be free then there would be EVEN more freemium titles. Freemium games seem to make more money than paid titles. You want less freemium, well buy games when they come out instead of waiting !

Saying that i would get this but if i have to be connected to play single player then i'm out, i wanted to buy this for my ipod touch but i dont always have net connection. Thats something i dont want to encourage

7. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Quite the contrary. If there wasn't the threat of the game going free, people wouldn't be waiting for the inevitable.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Here you are again with your usual provocative comments Midian. It's not about a game going free. It's about a game i paid for going free, that plasters a crapload of ads, and change the mechanics to push more IAP.

9. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #29 SumoSplash, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
    It's about a game you paid for that is designed to go free. It is consumer idiocy to participate in that type of transaction. Pay to own the game outright and then have to pay more to unlock all the 'extra' content that is only available through IAP. Pay, then pay more, than cut your arm open and pour salt into the wound when the game drops in price.

Yeah, right.

And if anyone thinks that Freemium exists because people are 'too cheap' to buy a game upon release, you are delusional. Freemium exists because of money. Period.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Basically, you're trying to say that we shouldnt buy these games because there's always a possibility that they go free, and those who do, are idiots. :D

11. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yes, you have to be connected to the Internet to play this game. Triniti lied in the upcoming thread saying that there was an offline single player game, there is NO offline mode at all.

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I think that hits the nail squarely on the head.

If the game was always intended to be freemium (or paidmium) then buyer beware. The past is a good place to look to see what a dev will do shortly after launch. I'm definitely avoiding games like that. A strong first sign to a game being designed for freemium... two virtual currencies, which this game seems to have.

As for getting games for free, nearly every time a game goes free it's to get it bumped up the charts on the appstore. It actually helps the dev if you go download their game during that window. It helps more to post some feedback and reviews, but just the act of helping a dev out by downloading their game when they need a mass of people to download it at once to get it up the charts is a pretty equal transaction between dev and gamer. I don't know why it has to be considered such a dirty thing to get a game for free weather it has IAP or not. It would cost the dev a lot more to pay someone to promote their game versus giving away a bunch of digital copies. Especially when the vocal minority get hold of a game for free and actually talk about it, review it, and help spread the word.

But this game itself looks pretty boring and repetitive judging by the video. Graphics and theme look outstanding, but that's all negated by the actual button mashing gameplay. I get that some people will love that, and at times I have loved a good button masher, but I'm just not feeling this one.

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

And wasn't this a main reason for the rise of freemium games? :D

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Anyone even remotely interested in this game should go check out the game Stone of Life, it has more depth in all aspects and is free to play plus you can play offline. :D

15. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I'm saying it makes no sense to buy something that you know is going to go free, especially if you are under the impression that this type of action will make Freemium go away. I'm also not saying that consumers are idiots, but rather it is consumer idiocy ;) However, it does make you an idiot to continually buy Triniti games if you know they will become free :p

I'm just sick of hearing comments that assume iOS gamers are cheap and that is the cause of Freemium. That's crap. Freemium exists because it is a more lucrative business model. Like you said, it gets the game out there. A sale is calculated, and no gamer should have to feel 'guilty' simply because they are playing by the rules of the AppStore.

Developers have learned ways to get more money out of people that extends far beyond simply selling the title, so they forgo that step, get it on the device for free and then charge you as you play. They don't charge me mind you, unless the IAP is there to unlock more stages or gives me some type of permanent perk, or if I get so much enjoyment out of a title that it is simply the right thing to do to support the developer. I never buy any type of consumable IAP. However, apparently a lot of people do, or else it wouldn't exist and it wouldn't be the business model that so many developers now chose to use.

16. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I keep getting an error when trying to load up the game... It says connection error can't connect to Internet... But my connection is fine :(

17. Soarel

Soarel Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    So wait, does this need you to be always online (and eat my cellular data) or is it just a check at the start?

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Trinity games almost always go free. They can be quite fun for a while, but the charm usually wears off at some point amidst the grinding.

A free Trinity game is generally worth a download to check out. A Trinity game that costs money -- well, each to their own on that.

19. JerDroid312

JerDroid312 New Member

Apr 2, 2017
    will Monster Crasher come to android

i recently switched to an android phone and when i searched the Play Store, there was no Monster Crasher