zTanks- Epic Multiplayer Arena Tank Battles [alpha testers wanted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BravadoWaffle, Jan 30, 2013.

1. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    #1 BravadoWaffle, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hey guys! On Friday (1.30.13), we will be officially launching the online alpha version of zTanks for the public to play. You can sign up to our newsletter and get alpha access here- http://signup.ztanks.com

We’d love to have you sign up and join in the fun as we test our servers and improve the game over the next couple months!

(Note: We have to limit our server to 100 concurrent players at a time for the Alpha, so if you can't join, be patient and try again. Or unplug your friend's internet...)

What is zTanks?

zTanks is cross-platform multiplayer arena tank madness for iOS and Android (and hopefully BB10 soon as well). Made in the style and spirit of bzFlag, Tron, and BattleZone. Up to 12 players compete on digital battlefields in games of Capture The Flag, Team FFA, and Melee.

zTanks Features:

• CTF, Melee, Team FFA game modes
    • 3 different tank styles- light, medium, heavy
    • 1st person / 3rd person views
    • Over a dozen power ups to be found in the arenas
    • 6 multiplayer arenas
    • Record and share your gaming sessions on YouTube from your device instantly
    • Badge/ranking system for bragging rights
    • Eventually- equipable special weapons that recharge over time (speed boost, mega jump, laser, remote mine, mortar, teleport, torn trail, freeze wave, wide shot, etc…)
    • And lots more!

When Is zTanks Coming Out?

We are planning on a full release in April of this year. But you can join our newsletter and get early access to our zTanks online alpha version by signing up here: http://signup.ztanks.com

How Can I Help?

Play the alpha version! Tell us what you think, and share any ideas in the thread. We'll be listening carefully and doing our best to make the game as great as possible! So pipe in if you want to be involved!

Attached Files:

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Looks fantastic, wish I had the time to help you test!

Be sure to keep us informed on the forums! :D

3. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Hope you'll be able to to check it out when we launch on Friday. It'll be playable in the browser thanks to Unity, so you don't even need to d/l anything.

4. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Meet the zTanks!

There are 3 base tanks that players can choose to start each game with. They have different features and strengths that will determine the strategy and position they play on the team.

Help us name them!

[​IMG]

Also, we are proud to announce that BeatScribe will be doing the music for zTanks. So now you know it will rock! His beat and musac skillz are second to none, and we're super happy to have him helping us with this!

5. Droidman95

Droidman95 New Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Just played the alpha on my PC with a friend I recruited. I noticed you could "parry" an enemies shot with your own. Super cool!

6. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Cool right? That was actually an unexpected "happy accident" in the game, once we discovered it, we were in love. Just wait until we get the fancy explosion effects in there for that and for blowing up the tanks! It'll be beautiful!

7. BravadoWaffle

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    [​IMG]

The online zTanks alpha has just been updated with bots, explosions, and a radar. Come and check it out! I've got a game running right now! signup.ztanks.com for the link!

8. mardum

mardum New Member

May 6, 2013
    I signed up after you posted the alpha test link in bzflag group on fb, but when I tried to play, there are no players.