Zombie Apocalypse Character & Weapon Packs

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by fatboxsoftware, Apr 16, 2013.

1. fatboxsoftware

fatboxsoftware Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    #1 fatboxsoftware, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    For any indie developers out there who might need mobile optimized character and weapon assets. (3) character packs, each with (5) character variations and 10 animations each. Thats a total of 15 characters and 30 animations. I'm trying an experiment here to sell these assets dirt cheap for the bundle. There is also a low poly weapons pack and a low poly melee weapons pack that comes bundled with the characters!

Website - Asset Demos

Some sample images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    Finished this little Civilian guy up (he's a male nurse)...uses a tweaked model, but all animations from all other characters will work on him. The civilians will be getting their own custom animations, hiding, panicking, etc. I put in a simple iPhone mockup (yes it's an old ass phone)...just to show something more realistic to how they would appear on device. This rather than judging by the blown up screenshot images from a desktop computer. Btw that is an unlit screenshot, vertex coloring is doing the shading...so you could use a completely unlit shader in Unity (cheapest they come).

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/character-asset-pack/x/2305754

[​IMG]

3. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  4. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  5. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    First set of male civilians are completed. Moving on to producing some civilian female versions. Unfortunately textures can only take me so far when it comes to getting a female look, so I have to tweak the model to a unique version.

As always if you haven't checked out the entirety of the pack, feel free to visit the page:

Character and Weapons Asset Pack

[​IMG]

6. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    First female civilian model. No texturing, UVs or biped setup yet. She comes in at 721 polygons, so not too much higher than her male counterparts. Turns out females have more curvature than male models.

If you haven't checked out the entirety of the pack, feel free to visit the page:

Character and Weapons Asset Pack

[​IMG]

7. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    Little demo of the vertex coloring "tech" for the assets in the Character and Weapons pack. I am including the unlit - vertex colored shader for Unity with these assets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlaeweTbek4

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    These look good man. I am not a dev, but these models are nice.

9. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  10. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    Finished up the texturing for the first female variation. Once the animations are done, I will more than likely go back in and add more detail to the textures (final texture polish pass on all characters).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7G1qUxZIj8

11. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    Hi everyone. I got a very good start on the character animations for the civilians. These animations are shown on the female character, but will be applicable to all of the civilians. I will be creating a more masculine walk, jump, etc. for the male civilians. This is a total of (20) animations and will be more soon. I haven't added in the weapon firing animation or crouched firing.

Assuming most of you have the webplayer installed, here's a realtime preview.

Webplayer Animation Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zur6Hwl9Mao

12. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  13. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
  14. fatboxsoftware

Mar 15, 2011
    iPhone Multimedia
    Ormond Beach
    If you missed out on the character packs on Indiegogo and the weapon packs I've migrated everything over to my official Unity Shop. Feel free to check it out and check out some of the new artwork.

http://fatboxsoftware.com/unity-shop/