Everest Attack 2 - Unique climbing strategy - Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jabatoba1, Jul 1, 2017.

1. jabatoba1

jabatoba1 Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Stockholm
    #1 jabatoba1, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Hi!
    I wrote the first version of this game in 2013 after being fascinated by the book "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer. (Recommended!)

Since then I have written several different versions in both GameMaker, Objective-C, Swift and now in Unity/3D.

The last version has been on the App Store for almost two years. (Everest Attack)

But finally Im ready to release something that is near my original vision of an Everest game. It´s a totally new version, with new gameplay and graphics. If I can get enough testers I hope to release it in August.

It is a strategy game where you lead a team of eight climbers. You plan the summit attacks, consider weather, condition of the climbers etc. I have tried to make climb times and other factors as realistic as possible. For instance it takes about 3-4 hours to get through Khumbu Icefall with a climber that is reasonably acclimatized.

The strategy and the choices needed to succeed in climbing the mountain are also the same as you would use when climbing in real life.

I would be more than grateful if anyone would like to help with trying this out. I know it´s a niche game and I am far from sure that it can become a game worth playing but I have worked on it so long now so I guess it´s worth a try.

Please send your TestFlight email to [email protected] and I will send you an invite. Or post here.

I am looking for all kinds of feedback. First of all: Can you summit with your team? How many climbers survived? What should be improved to make this an interesting and fun game?

All the best and thanks in advance

lowerzone.PNG
    estrada.PNG
    weather.PNG
    welcome.PNG

2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Well, I've read Into Thin Air (not a pretty season) and whilst most of my climbing is more of the straight rock variety I probably have a better understanding than most of what it means to try for a summit.
    (The White Spider remains one of my favourite books of all time, although like ITA it's hard to describe it as pleasant reading.)

I've sent my ID as a message.

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This looks very good! Would love to see it one day and play it and wish to see more games like this one
    Thanks for the work you put in to it

4. jabatoba1

jabatoba1 Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Stockholm
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    And thanks for all the great feedback I have got so far from those of you who are testing!

5. jabatoba1

jabatoba1 Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Stockholm
    Mount Everest Story

This game will be released on the App Store this weekend under the new name "Mount Everest Story".

A big thanks everyone who has helped with the testing!

The game will be released on Android the week after.

For more info please contact me at:

[email protected]