Onlive coming to iPad in Fall

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SirAwesome, Jun 8, 2011.

1. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    #1 SirAwesome, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/onlive-player-app-for-ipad-and-android-tablets-meets-the-public/

Personally this has me super excited, playing console games on an ipad. Duke Nukem on iOS, sounds awesome. I know the details are scarce but this definitely sounds like it could be a killer iPad feature.

Depending on the lag, it would be awesome to have the ipad connected to apple tv and playing onlive. Or possibly wired using the hdmi out function.

Lots of exciting possibilities what are you thoughts?

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think it's a good move I actually really like Onlive I'm not sure how the games will work on a touchscreen though.
    Onlive is a very good service in my opinion I've played with it both on my main PC and more impressively on my netbook and if there was any lag it wasn't enough to notice although a factor might be my cable connection has very good pings.

If it gets to the stage where you can play Crysis 2 or similar on an Ipad I might buy one myself.

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    ugh, why would you post PocketGamer's re-post of a day old news with less info than what was available a day ago? I've added engadget's link who happens to have a hands on video too (on moto Xoom). Watch the awesomeness in moving pictures and sound!!