App Rejected Because of Admob Ads

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by unexpect3rd, Apr 8, 2015.

1. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    A stage-based game of mine has got rejected by Apple. The game displays a interstitial ad from Admob after every few stages. Admob's interstitial also includes video ads. Apparently Apple review team didn't like Game Of War's video advert as at the end of the video, it has a scene showing the different platforms that GoW is on (iOS, Google Play, Amazon), and Apple rejected it with the following

"3.1 Details

We noticed that your app or its metadata contains irrelevant platform information in the video advertisement. Providing future platform compatibility plans, or other platform references, is not appropriate for the App Store.

Specifically, we noticed that the app includes references to "Android/Amazon". It would be appropriate to remove the following content."

Has anyone's app got rejected because of similar? Any advice? Is this not ridiculous?

Right now I'm just thinking of disabling video ads from Admob's dashboard, until the game gets approved...

2. yoethan

yoethan Active Member

Jan 29, 2015
    But so many iOS games have that ad.. Maybe try resubmitting, maybe someone else will approve it.

3. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    That's what I thought too, I mean, a few of my previous games uses the same ad type. I appealed the rejection but they were firm on the rejection. Appealing again after I turned off video ads, see if they'll put the game through review faster than resubmitting it.