What version of Eliminate do I play?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greko, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Greko

Greko Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Student
    Canada
    #1 Greko, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
    I remember when Eliminate first launched it was just "Eliminate Pro" but now there are 8 versions of the game and I don't know which one to play.

Some quick Googling didn't bring up anything and I don't understand why there are two 99c versions that offer different amounts of Powercells.

My question is which version should I play? I was thinking Eliminate Pro but clicking the App Store link on ngmoco's Eliminate web page brings up the Eliminate: CO-OP app instead. I'm so confused some clarification would be of great help.

I've compiled all the versions of Eliminate available on the Canadian App Store below for reference on how ridiculous this is:

$0.99 - Eliminate Amplifier
    Free - Eliminate Boost
    Free - Eliminate Burst
    Free - Eliminate: CO-OP
    Free - Eliminate Pro
    $0.99 - Eliminate Pro: 12 Powercells
    $0.99 - Eliminate Pro: 16 Powercells
    Free - Eliminate Turbo

2. Greko

Greko Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Student
    Canada
    Can anybody shed some light on this?

3. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    It doesn't matter. The game is the same on all of them (but you need to use the co-op mode at least once to unlock co-op).

4. Greko

Greko Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Student
    Canada
    So if I played one version could I switch to another version and it would use the same profile?

I still don't get why they have so many versions and the app descriptions don't help either.

5. phattestfatty

Mar 9, 2010
    yea you can switch versions and keep the same profile as long as you sign in with the same plus account. At least, this was how it worked the last time I played Eliminate (around 8 months ago- but I played it like crazy)

6. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Don't waste your time and money on Eliminate. There are far better FPS games on the App Store now.
    NOVA 2, Modern Combat 2 and Archetype are the best.

7. phattestfatty

Mar 9, 2010
    pretty much (minus Archetype imo- rainbow 6 is better)