Puncho Fighto online multiplayer - need some testers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by big friendly giant, Jun 21, 2012.

1. big friendly giant

big friendly giant Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    #1 big friendly giant, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
    Hi guys! I'm hoping to get some testers for my gesture-based fighting game Puncho Fighto. I have added online multiplayer via game center and need some feedback. If you just want to test the normal game then that would be OK too but what I really need is people to test the online multiplayer and let me know whether or not it works well.

Here's the link: http://tflig.ht/MkW0Ei

In case you aren't familiar with TestFlight, the link above should allow you to sign up. I'll need to approve your device, and then you'll get another link to install the game.

Since there probably won't be enough people online for the auto-match to work, maybe we can arrange some time to play against each other, or maybe you have a friend who is also willing to sign up. :)

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Sweet just signed up. :)

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks funny, just signed up

4. big friendly giant

Apr 4, 2012
    Cool, thanks guys (hi again oooooomonkey :)). I just sent a build, hopefully it installs ok.

I'll be around for a while so feel free to PM me or respond here if something goes wrong/right. If you already had the released game installed you may need to delete it so the device figures out to use the test version of game center.

Still looking for more testers!

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just installed the new version fine. Just to be sure here if I click buy the multiplayer mode I won't be charged will I?

Oh and I'm oooooomonkey on gamecentre if anyone wants to try online.

6. big friendly giant

Apr 4, 2012
    #6 big friendly giant, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
    I'm pretty sure it wouldn't charge you - it probably wouldn't work at all since it needs a test account actually. I'll make a test account for in-app purchases, but for now multiplayer should work without buying it, you just have to play with a random character.

Edit: To be clear, the purchase is just to unlock character selection. Without it you can still play, you just get a random character. I'm still thinking about pricing models. :)

Edit edit: My sandbox game center account is called Langdon Alger - add me!

7. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I wanna test this? Just signed up I think... If I play online who is it gonna be with... I loved this game.. Is there any other changes besides online?

8. big friendly giant

Apr 4, 2012
    Thanks Darth! For the people who just signed up, please hang on for a day or two while I make some improvements to the networking code. I'll upload a new build with you guys enabled soon.

Online mode is the only update (it was a lot of work) other than a few fixes. I'm the developer so I can keep working on that for free, but not so much with the art for new characters. :) If you guys have feedback on balancing the game or other things I'm open to those too, either for this upcoming version or a later one.