Soccer Rally 2 - IceFlame [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by IceFlameGames, Mar 7, 2013.

1. IceFlameGames

IceFlameGames Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
    #1 IceFlameGames, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014

IceFlame is proud to announce our next game, Soccer Rally 2!

Soccer Rally 2 is the sequel to the original hit Soccer Rally. While the original was fun, it will be nothing in comparison to this new edition. Apart from a massive graphics overhaul, Soccer Rally 2 will feature a variety of cars with different driving styles and upgrades.

We have completely revamped how realistic the cars now control. You can hear and feel gear changes and perform skilful power slides in order to make fast manoeuvres in the heat of a match or challenge.

There are multiple stadiums, tournaments, leagues and a training Academy where you can hone and improve your skills of car control, shooting and defence, through a series of challenges and tests.

Also, this time around we are including and featuring heavily on Online as well as same device multiplayer. We are currently designing a variety of social multiplayer features to challenge your friends. Soccer Rally 2 is going to be a really fun experience for playing against and challenging people online.

Another feature we are really proud to announce is the Soccer Rally 2 soundtrack, which will include exciting up and coming Bands and Producers.

We will be revealing more information about the cars over at our Twitter in the next few weeks.

Follow us @IceFlameGames

Hope you enjoy the teaser trailer and are excited for Soccer Rally 2. Please make comments and suggestions. We will answer as many questions as we can! ;)

Update 1 : GDC

We went to GDC, and had a great opportunity to show the TouchArcade team a preview of SR2. We also had an awesome time recording a TA Plays with Nissa!

Update 2 : Join the SR2 Beta!

We're currently running our first beta! It's Head to Head same device multiplayer beta, its currently iPad only.

If your interested in joining follow this link to our TestFlight sign up page!

https://testflightapp.com/join/c29ae974c52f1e3a519f9159ce6fa4b2-MTM0MjQ/

Thanks!

Jon
    IceFlame

Update 3 : Soccer Rally 2 Launch April 24th

Soccer Rally 2 is launching April 24th! Big thanks to everyone who’s supported us so far with Soccer Rally 2, as well as everyone who’s played our earlier games ;)

Here’s the new Gameplay Trailer:

We are really excited to launch Soccer Rally 2. I can’t believe that I’m typing this and we are actually launching next week. It feels crazy! It’s been a really long development for our 3 man team.

This is because; we have basically incorporated every feature under the sun, which you could possibly ever want in a Car Soccer game. :)

If we had an idea...It pretty much went in. Soccer Rally 2 is a good example of what is known as “feature creep”, multiplied by about 10. I’m going to roll out a list of features so you get where I’m coming from :)

We have 20 Tournaments to play through with 4 different pitches. There are 9 cars that we painstakingly tuned and tweaked, so you get clear advantages and disadvantages from each one. There’s a same device 2 Player Multiplayer mode, to challenge your friends.

[​IMG]

There’s a paint shop where you can make unique car designs by adding decals, stripes or mixing gradients over the top of each other to get different colours. You can also share them to the world on Twitter and Facebook.

[​IMG]

There’s an 18 track soundtrack, provided by 13 bands and electronic artists. There’s a boost power up, that slows down time and fires you across the pitch at speed to shoot the ball, or get back to your goal line to save the ball in dramatic style.

There’s 7 Balls other than a Soccer Ball, ranging from an American Football to an Ice Hockey Puck just for fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but not least, there are over 90 mini game style challenges, which will test your skills across 5 different game modes. These include Canon Defence, Waypoints, Ball Sorter, Goal Attack and Multiball.
    And now finally, it’s done! :)

[​IMG]

The game is out April 24th and even including all these features, the game is free.

We’ve made sure that you will not need IAP to complete the game and there will be no time waiting freemium roadblocks. We didn’t want any pay walls in the game where it stops you from progressing.

There also isn’t any ridiculously high priced IAP’s. The IAP isn’t necessary, but will add more to the experience for those who want it.

The main secondary currency is Golden Balls, which are used to fill Boost Slots. Boosts are really fun to use and if you want to use them carefree, it’s better to get an IAP of Golden Balls.

If you are struggling with the games difficulty, or just want to buy a better car for early on in the game, you can do this by buying SR Coins, which let you buy higher Spec cars.

We are generous with the primary purchase path and you can generally afford the next tier car when you need it. SR Coins buy more layers for customizing your car in the paint shop as well.

You can also buy a Ball Pack for the Multiplayer mode, which lets you use balls other than the Soccer Ball. You still experience the different balls in the single player tournaments for free though. There will be ads, but any IAP will remove them.

We’re really happy with Soccer Rally 2 and hope you will love the game as well. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Jon

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Need beta testers? ;)

3. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
    We're thinking about doing a multiplayer beta test.
    We'll add your details and PM you if we decide to go ahead with it ;)

4. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Looking forward to this. Price?

5. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
    We're thinking either £50-70

No! Haha we haven't decided yet.
    As soon as we can decide on the price I'll
    Post it here first.

Glad your excited :)
    Thanks

-Jon

6. Juhana Myllys

Juhana Myllys Well-Known Member

This looks really cool!

7. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
    No, it's not a first person view. We've gone for a top down camera. There is a design reason for this as well. This is because it's way more fun to be able to know exactly where the ball is at all times. It feels fair and lets you make tactical decisions that you couldn't if we went with first person.

8. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    But 1st person view would be much more COOL :) and unique!

9. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
    We did test a 1st person view and it wasn't as fun. The new top down camera isn't static like the original Soccer Rally. It does feels nice.

The biggest problem with 1st person in this sort of game, is you'd have to have either an arrow or a mini-map to tell you where the ball is. So half the time you're just trying to find the ball and the other player. Then maybe guess the angle of the ball and pray when you hit it, it goes in.

With top down you can see an opportunity to strike and have enough time to get your car in position and take the shot accurately. Equally, if you're defending you can predict if the other cars about to take a shot and react to that way more efficiently.

From a 1st person view it's just full on chaos and blind guessing. It just feels way better and more satisfying to be in control of the decisions from the top down. It means you can actually learn some mastery of the car. We've made levels outside of the stadiums which teach you how shoot from different angles, defence and car control to make this feel natural.

We basically want to create an experience where you can pick it up and take on the AI, or a player online and feel that you have the skills to defeat them. As opposed to win or lose based off luck.

I think you'll like how Soccer Rally 2 has turned out :)

Jon

10. Cool! Already loved the first one and if you need a beta tester I am available (I am a game developer) :D

11. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    love soccer rally.nice footy type game..so this is only for ipad?

12. Doom64

Doom64 Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Your game looks great, i can't wait for the release.
    Could I help beta test please.

13. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
    It's going to be a Universal iOS release. Then we are then planning to release to every platform known to humans in this universe, including Android and Samsung Smart Fridges!!! :)

14. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
    Alright guys. Anyone who wants to be a Beta tester could you PM your UDID's and we'll send you over a build.

========
    Information ( This is an iPad only build )
    ========

1. Send your UDID, your name, email address and where you're from.
    2. This beta build requires iPad 2 or above, or iPad Mini.
    3. It's going to be a same device multiplayer build.
    4. You will be given a range cars and the head to head mode to test.
    5. We are looking for opinions on how the cars drive and handle.

Looking forward to hearing your input.
    iPhone Beta to come.
    Thanks

Jon

15. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
    #15 IceFlameGames, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  16. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Would love to beta test once the iPhoe build is ready. iPod touch 4G, jailbroken, and I can get my UDID and give feedback. :)

17. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    I would really like to test the game, but the link does not work for me.

18. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011
  19. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Applied, I hope you will accept me :)

20. IceFlameGames

Apr 25, 2011