Warlock of Firetop Mountain coming to Iphone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Betty 2K1, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Betty 2K1

Betty 2K1 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    http://bigbluebubble.com/

Warlock of Firetop Mountain and other Fighting fantasy books will be coming to iphone.

Anyone old enough to remember them when they first came out ?

I'll be looking forward to these.

2. ThatRevChap

ThatRevChap Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Yeah, I bought a copy of Warlock of Firetop Mountain when it first came out.

I'm very, very old.

Sigh.

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    This is going to be awesome on the iPhone if done right. Then my stats page wouldn't be full of eraser marks and areas that ripped when being written on from so much erasing... Hope they copy the book word for word. And now I can finally get the other 2 that I don't have.

4. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    sounds very promising but i would love to see some screens or video or something...

5. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    City of Theives and Deathtrap Dungeon too :eek:

I hope they include the original art - I basically learned how to draw by mimicking the inking techniques in those books. Good stuff :cool:

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Does anyone have an idea on submission/release date?

7. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Wowowowowow!
    I remember that book, The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain.
    I remember being in our yacht aged about 4-6 years, sailing somewhere in the atlantic ocean and reading/playing that book. I never got to the end of it (legitimately) though. I cheated by flicking through the pages :D.

It would be nice if they keep the original style of the book/game with maybe some improved art work.

8. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    #8 MrSpud, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
    Well, I don't know about you guys but I was under the impression that this was going to be some sort of e-book, but is it really? Look at this video from the DS version...
    http://pax.gamespot.com/video/6216895/
    Did I get it all wrong? Same company, same title..If this is going to be like the DS version, I can't wait! I remember reading that it was going to be a serie of upcoming books, I'm confused:confused:

Edit: OK, just went to the main site, looks like it's going to be a book after all. It's just that the game has the same name, is from the same company and it's going to come out around the same time, just to add confusion.

9. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Must be coming out soon, the DS version was delayed until next week. I would sure like to see more fighting fantasy books in the furute, I'll buy them all! You would think it wouldn't take very long to get this game out, It's just an ebook with some stats, maybe some pictures. Ahh... nostalgia.

10. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
  11. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Would be nice if the did the "Sorcery!" books, remember the last book? That was hardcore!

12. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Ok, me again, I sent a email to Big Blue Bubble and they responded in no time. Here it is...

Full ViewRE: Fighting Fantasy on iPhone
    To: #####################

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Tom,

1st book will be submitted by the end of the month and then new one will follow one month apart.

Regards,

BBB

Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:35 PM
    To: Contact
    Subject: Fighting Fantasy on iPhone

Hello, I saw on your website that the Fighting Fantasy books are going to be ported to the iPhone. I'm very excited to be able to read these books again, I read most of them during my youth. I was just wondering if you could tell me more about the release date, mostly I would like to know if the first gamebook as been submitted to the Apple store for approval. Thank you for taking the time to read my email, I'm looking forward to support this local company (I'm from Barrie) by purchasing any gamebook that comes out.

Thank you again.

Tom

13. MoFaux

MoFaux Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I, for one, am disappointed. I've never read or even heard of the original books, but the DS version looked amazing and I would have liked to play that on my iPhone.

This looks very Meh, but there is a strong chance I will try it out anyway. Since I enjoyed Elven Chronicles which was also done by these guys.

14. FrakinKraken

FrakinKraken Active Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I used to be a massive addict of these books when I was a kid (awhile ago now). Would love the opportunity to play them through again digitally.