In search of good ONLINE racers (NOT local)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CassieTheChaoticCupcake, Jun 3, 2010.

1. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

I know you guys are probably tired of the racing game threads popping up lately but I promise I'll make this one quick:
    I'm looking for a racing game that is playable online against players around the world (Or even just the country... Hell, I don't care). I don't want any of this "local" BS... I live out in the middle of nowhere, which means there's no one around here to play against.
    I wanted something similar to Mario Kart, so I checked out Shrek Kart, Crash Bandicoot, and Cro-mag Rally, but none have MMO racing, just local challenges.
    At this point, I don't really care if it's a kart racer, though that WOULD be dandy. I'm looking for a nice online experience that potentially will allow me to level up (similar to the ranks in Grand Theft Auto IV in online mode), but gaining ranks other than on national leader boards doesn't matter. Any suggestions on a competitive racing game with decent graphics?
    I already have Jet Car Stunts, Real Racing, and GT Racing by the way. Haven't tested out online mode on any of them, so let's get some reviews in here! :)

2. Cifuang

Cifuang Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Doesn't Crash Bandicoot 2 have online?

3. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's online or local, but in any case, that 10 bucks dude :(

4. Cifuang

Cifuang Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Hmm, well I've tried Raging Thunder 2 and all sorts of "racing" that have online, but most of the time there is no one on--dead. Your best bet is Crash Bandicoot two, the forums praise the indifference between offline and online races whether it's 10 dollars or not.

5. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Raging Thunder 2 is my favorite. Asphalt 5 is good for online racing but the graphics aren't the best. I also tried one called Grand Prix Live which I thought was good but there is barely anyone ever to race online. Crash Nitro Kart 2 will likely have more people online to race because of the popularity.