Current best RTS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sokaroka, Jan 26, 2010.

1. sokaroka

sokaroka Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    I know there is probably a thread already, but TA won't search best or RTS because they are too common, therefore I decided there would be not harm made creating a new one.

So, which RTS and why?

2. Xilent Rain

Xilent Rain Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Student
    Here
    Red conquest by John kooistra
    it has excellent graphics there are a ton of different strategies and formations u can perform with a couple clicks. The campaign is kinda short but the current version is his first episode out of four. He also said he's going to implement online multiplayer in a coming version.

3. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Red Conquest is definitely the best one. The interface might look a bit weird at the beginning, especially if you played any other RTS game before, but chances are you will instantly understand the interface (some people say they don't understand the interface, others love it :D I love it xD).
    If you want a detailled documentation about the ingame interface, look at my In-Depth tutorial (=> look at my signature).

The next update will probably come out in March, it will contain more campaign missions and another color to fight with (=> new units! Red and blue aren't the same units with just some color differences, both got a similar system, but play completely different... Red is easier for beginners, units can be built fast etc. Blue is for the ones who like to fight with a clever strategy or something like that [=> look at my Signature, Strategy Thread, and Unit Diagram for more information on the units]). The update will also add ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!

John also said that he is thinking about adding a level editor later, but that would be much much later.

Want to read some Red Conquest! reviews? Take a look at the Review list (look at my signature :p)

4. MichaelScott

MichaelScott Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Red conquest FTW. Too bad C&C and the Settlers sucks bad.

5. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Are you out of your f****** mind? The settlers is the deepest Rts in the AppStore! Did you even played it or maybe you did and give up cuz all your braincells can handle are match 3 puzzles! Geez!

6. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Red conquest!! Skirmish and challenge levels make up for short campaign

7. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Definitely Red Conquest. Great interface and control scheme for the iPhone and iPod Touch (it was built from the ground up, not a port of a PC game) and a ton of replay value in skrimish. Online multiplayer (and the new episode) is set to come out early March.

8. sokaroka

sokaroka Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Red Conquest it is then 0_0
    As for Settlers...I have that on DS so no need for this one :p

9. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Cool, you can joing the Red Conquest Group also here so when multiplayer comes, we have a community to start playing with

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Warfare Inc IMHO.
    The genetic rts with a full online multiplayer feature.

11. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    The ds version sucks and settlers is not a port of that, it's a port of settlers iv on pc.

12. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Why would you attack him personally because he didn't like a game?

IMO I found that warfare inc. was the best. Red conquest was pretty good too.

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Definitely Red Conquest.

Very different, it's refreshing.

Local multiplayer totally rocks!

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    easyish but fun, red conquest

15. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    That guy is being attacked personally left and right all day but you chose to defend him on my post? Am I really that special to you?

16. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Oh. lol didn't even see who posted it. But still two wrongs don't make a right.

17. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    He deserves it IMO. If anything he was able to unify to forum!

18. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Haha didn't even look at it that way

19. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    The settlers

Everyones talking about red conquest but no game is as deep or enjoyable as the Settlers. While it is far from intuitive, it has an addictiveness factor that keeps you hooked to it. Missions range from easy to exteremely difficult. It is easily the best game cuz when you build ur civilization, it's like ur actually building a CIVILization in real life. You need pioneers to map out the land, then grain farmers and water workers to make bread to feed the miners so that the miners can mine gold which is sent to a gold/iron ore and is then used to build weapons or create soldiers. Everything depends on everything else, just as it does in a real city. Definitely my recommendation

20. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    i like red conquest and warfare inc and uni war..... sniff my nose itches