ActionChess submitted to the App store

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by grid, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    I submitted my game ActionChess to the app store on sunday. Who knows how long it'll take to get approved, but here is the description and some screenshots. Hopefully it'll appeal to both chess players and puzzle game fans alike.

===

ActionChess is an exciting new action puzzle game mashup that crosses two of the greatest games of all time: Chess and Tetris!

There are several game modes to play and unlock. You can play in Arcade Mode or Timed Mode to start out with, but as you progress, you’ll gain the ability to play in Specific Piece Mode, where you choose which pieces you get. Timed Mode and Specific Piece Mode are faster paced than Arcade Mode, (where you can play for hours without losing). You’ll be surprised at how playing with each of the different piece types, Rooks, Pawns, Knights, Bishops, Queens, each feel like an entirely different game.

Instructions: You move any of the pieces on the gameboard using standard chess moves. Simply drag the piece you want to move onto the piece you want to capture. You have to capture a piece to move a piece. Score points for each capture, or make rows of all black or all white to score a whole row at once! The pieces continually push up from the bottom of the screen, and the game is over when you let one reach the top. The game gets faster with each level, but when you want to go even faster than that, just press the up arrow to push more pieces out onto the board.

** Features **
    Three Game Modes
    Unlock the ability to play with the pieces you want!
    Named High Scores
    Game Statistics Screen
    In-Game help text
    Automatic Game Save

Attached Files:

2. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
  3. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Great game! Can't wait to unlock specific piece mode with knights! That'll be really interesting and challenging! :cool:

4. Walker33

Walker33 Well-Known Member

Looks intriguing, i may just have to pick this up.

5. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    I did build in a method to unlock all the specific piece modes at once. Not quite an easter egg, but anyone who is frustrated with Arcade Mode, and just really wants to play those specific piece modes, send me a PM me and I'll let you in on the secret. :)