Smiles HD

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by PoV, Jan 6, 2011.

1. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
  2. HerbertKornfeld

HerbertKornfeld Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Stupid mouse is stupid

Wait. You mean I have to play with a mouse? Pass. That’s, like, lame. But there was that one time when you went nuts and made your iPad game free and I accidentally downloaded it, so I suppose I kind of owe you one. I guess I’ll give this a try.

Drop is by far my favorite when I’m playing with touch controls, but Zen works much better here. Even though there’s a clock ticking away, it’s a slower paced affair. And this works quite a bit better when you’re stuck with a stupid mouse.

Drop could be a little bit better, I think, with a couple of quick fixes. I mean, I keep throwing around my MacBook, but for the life of me, I can’t get it to recognize the rotations. I think it’s a bug or something. ;-) And it’d be nice if there were keyboard keys that you could assign to rotation. That way, you’d still be able to aim for your target while the board is spinning. I think that would help when juggling combos.

Since this is toucharcade.com, I’m assuming that everybody here has either an iPhone or an iPod or an iPad. If you don’t have the touch version of this game, do yourself a favor and get that instead. It’s a much better experience. If you’ve already got that and you love it even half as much as I do, and if you’ve got a couple of extra bucks, you should buy this one, too. You probably won’t play it much, but maybe it’ll help to get us a bit closer to Smiles 2. I’ve got my fingers crossed.

3. LN3000

LN3000 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    TARDIS
    I love Smiles, and look forward to playing on my iMac.
    And yes, you have to use a mouse, what do you expect? telekinesis?