Lazrhog Games - new game dev blog

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lazrhog, Apr 24, 2009.

1. lazrhog

lazrhog Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    #1 lazrhog, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    Hi, all.

After checking with Arn it was OK to post about this, I invite you to check out my New Game Development blog (its a game I have been working on in the background, which is now making some good progress). I have a title in mind for it, but it is still up for grabs really. Hoping to complete the game by the end of May, so still a lot of work to do. However, this is the first game where I would be looking possibly to have a 3rd party publisher.

So if you are interested in how an iPhone game is put together, and indeed would like to give suggestions as for things that can go into the game, then feel free to check out ...

Lazrhog Games Development Blog

I recently posted the first in-game screenshot so you will know what it looks like now. I will endeavour to answer any questions raised either here or on the blog itself, as well as try to help out any other developers where I can.

thanks for any input you might have
    Lazrhog

PS. My other releases are still being worked on in a timeshare manner, so don't think I am neglecting them :)

UPDATE
    =====
    Added a quick gameplay video to the blog, and here

2. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

Bookmarked! I'll be following you on this!

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    should this be in the "upcoming games" section?
    IDK though

4. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    nice, i played rRootage alot! interesting blog!

5. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    hmm I didn't know either, if a mod wants to move the thread then that's fine.

6. The blog details an upcoming game does it not? Fine with me.

7. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    Added video to 1st post :)

8. You might want to uncheck the "make video private" flag from YouTube if you want people to watch it. :D

9. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    Arghh :) Thanks for the heads up !

10. #10 wastedyuthe, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    Hehe! Made the same mistake myself on my upcoming thread. Don't worry- you're not on your own :D

Got it running smooth as silk there pal. Looking good! Is there a way to strafe (or would that make the game too complicated to control)?

11. Anytime. :D

Looking good there! Frame rate is smooth, and I kinda like the retro flat-shaded polygon look. Reminds me of Starglider 2. Very interested in seeing how this develops. :)

12. lazrhog

Oct 1, 2008
    Software
    UK
    if you hold fire and turn, you stay at the same altitude, so I guess you can strafe. You can't move sideways, as I haven't got enough controls :)