Dungeon Hunter or Crusade of Destiny?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Havok77, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Havok77

Havok77 Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
    I'm trying to decide which game I should play next... Anyone here with both games? Which one do you prefer and why?

Thanks

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Are you serious? Are you truly serious?

3. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    STP's Game of the Month.

4. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    he's new. Welcome to TA. This kind of question should go in the general games discussion forum. No big deal, a mod will move it. And pretty sure there are threads like this one, not your fault though you wouldn't know. Use the search bar under the forums tab to check if a thread you're going to make is already there.

5. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I think that was him saying there is no comparison ;)

6. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

And i would probably go with Dungeon Hunter. I'm really liking that game. Crusade of Destiny is pretty good, but the controls really annoy me.

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Yeah don't jump all over the new guy - but new guy check your category before posting and YES do a search before posting a new question - chances are if you have the question now, a zillion other people already have had it and a gazillion more have weighed in with opinions! Last thing people want to see is the same thread topic over and over.

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    That's how I took it too, but it's still a topic that has been discussed and re-discussed and re-re-discussed again!

9. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Yeah the controls don't work for me either. Dungeon Hunter is very good, although it's not too hard. But it is an overall amazing dungeon crawler, and you'll enjoy it a lot, if you like diablo type games.

10. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    i dont think too many people here have tried diablo. amazing game though

11. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    i would get raven sword. is might be releasing in October 15. be patient. its much cheaper then crusade of destiny and has some wicked things. sadly i got dungeon hunter instead. i didn't even know there were ravensword until i bough dungeon hunter. big mistake. so wait for raven sword

12. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    #12 Kunning, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
    They're both really good. Josh said that their game is like Dungeon Hunter in terms of the level of content, but more in a free-roaming way rather than linear gameplay like Dungeon Hunter's.

Dungeon Hunter= Diablo
    Ravensword= Oblivion

Your pick, depends on which you like more.

13. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    not even oblivion lol, more like a toned down version of morrowind

14. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

It's being submitted to the app store on the 15th, which means it could be November before it's available. Also, no price has been set, so how do you know it's cheaper?

15. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Crusade of destiny has a ridiculous price to compensate for the apparently one-man team.
    Dungeon Hunter is fine, not anything extraordinary to keep you glued though; the controls are rather awkward, getting stuck very often on corners or when enemies are attacking, it's extremely easy to accidentally swap spells instead of use spells since the spells are stacked together for whatever reason, etc. Though with all these flaws it's still much better than Crusade of Destiny in terms of reasonable pricing.
    Zenonia and Hybrid are both better than Dungeon Hunter though in my opinion. Dungeon Hunter gets boring extremely fast since there's like one or two spells to use mainly, all the rest are passive bonuses or spells that you don't even touch.

16. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Maybe not the first one, but like another really old game (Starcraft) everyone has played Diablo II at least once. I mean if you haven't...you're missing out on the title that brought isometric dungeon crawling to the mainstream.

17. Tesio

Tesio Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Though I doubt this will really change your mind about the game, if you go into the options menu you can change how your skills are displayed from whatever is default, swipe or whatever, to fixed and that will lay them out in a fixed position around the attack button.

18. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    look at my thread. It answers all of lifes most challenging questions.

19. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    sorry, josh said you couldn't compare ravensword to dungeonhunter, because they're too different.

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Yeah that's how I meant it. Hell just LOOK at both games and you can see the vast disparity.

BTW, I was saying that jokingly, By now I'd hope poster know me enough to know I'm not the type to go bang on "noobs" just because they registered on a forum after I did. I'd much rather put down regulars who think their high post count entitles them to forcing retarded opinions or decorum on newcomers.