GeoDefense Swarm Strategies here

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by skyye06, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Allaria

Allaria Member

Feb 16, 2009
    I had trouble with Medium 2 until I saw the screen shot of the solution posted by MrJR. (Thanks MrJR!)

When you start, you have enough money to put down 6 blasters. Before the first wave of creeps launched, I used two blasters to block the center entrance into the main space and two blasters to block the right entrance into the main space. I then placed two blasters to start building my maze at the bottom left entrance.

The two blasters blocking the center entrance can handle the first wave of creeps on its own. The two blasters blocking the center entrance and the two at the start of my maze combined can handle the second wave of creeps.

Once money started coming in, I built my blaster maze around the unbuildable areas.

Once my maze was completed I went back and added missile towers and shock towers. I then upgraded the missile and shock towers.

I ended up winning this level without losing a life.

Attached Files:

2. nicnoc

nicnoc New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I'm completely stuck on the hard levels - I shot through Easy without any trouble and then a couple of trickier ones on Medium but have just not managed to beat a single Hard level - anyone beaten H1?!

3. fivejane

fivejane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 23, 2009
    No problem! I actually much prefer the solution shown in rockslacasa's post on page 12 of this thread, which eluded me entirely but is quite elegant.

4. msmc278

msmc278 New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Have problems with M9

Can anyone help please. I saw the screen shot for M9 tried to follow it but with NO success. How do you slow them down? I tried to place shock towers and upgrade all the towers but with no success. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks.

5. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Hard 1 I beat by making the creeps go down the bottom, then I placed towers all around the yellow and made them go back to the top left. From there i just made them loop around columns made with blasters and rockets

6. jsxlee

jsxlee New Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Medium Level 9 The Hatch

Here is my screen shot for this level. I also spend HOURS on this level but not as bad as the Nucleotide. This important things is to use the slow tower in addition to the thumb to beat the circle creeps.

Attached Files:

7. Kadath

Kadath Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Anyone got a good Infiniconda setup?

8. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    #148 Phantom X, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    Another one lol
    [​IMG]

9. Ommo

Ommo Member

Sep 21, 2009
    More crack cocaine, please...

Well, I have to beat hard 9 (the eye), then I'm done with this game. I have this empty feeling in my gut. What to play next? Does anyone have any good rebound tips?

Apart from the original Geodefense and Peggle I haven't found any games that are anywhere near as addictive as this one. I mean, there are a lot of fine games out there, and I swear I have spent at leas $200 in the appstore, but I need something with the same sort of crack cocaine appeal ...

And, yes this is a strategy post. An exit strategy post.

Please help!

10. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Uh, I need some help on Home Base, the cube guys beat me on the last wave!

11. chaosstorm

chaosstorm New Member

Sep 28, 2009
    My infiniconda solution.

Attached Files:

12. bullgator

bullgator New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lasers around the exit. Upgrade when funds available.

13. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #153 Wegmans, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
    Or lasers along the entrance! Here's a screenshot of my solution ha

So i've beaten every level, and am mid-ranked on open feint... how do you get your score that high? The first place guy has like 185Million points and my best is 5,370... what the heck?

Attached Files:

14. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    The scores in the millions are bogus (either bugs or cheating), but the ones in the 30's, 40's, and even 50 thousands are gotten by making sure that each creep is killed as close to home base as possible. If you use lasers too early or use too many of them then most creeps end up getting killed at 1x when they could be 10x or higher. The key to a decent score is to rack up 50x multiers for each creep during the first few waves by making sure that only the bare minimum force required to keep the creep from exiting is used. In a few cases, the tower or upgrade needed to finish him off is withheld until just the last moment. I took snapshots of several games, including my best 54k one (about 6-8 slides), and might post them sooner or later.

15. Kadath

Kadath Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Damn, once again I was caught over-thinking the maze when brute force wins the day.... Thanks!

16. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    awesome, thanks for the tips! now i'm ranked #23 instead of 300+!

17. l337frogue

l337frogue Member

Aug 27, 2009
    The Habakuk Method - Hard 10 - Crazy 8s

Here's what I came up with after I studied Habakuk's method on H10. Broke 1B points @ 186 levels, but still way off the global leaders!

The screen grab is right before I died. It was an epic game, for me.

I love it when the fully loaded missile towers start shrieking.

Attached Files:

18. l337frogue

l337frogue Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Ommo - I beat the original GD weeks ago, but still play it now devising new strategies for high scores or trying for the minimal weapon solution. I beat Swarm earlier this week, but am still having fun with the endless levels. I do wish Swarm had user specified vortex tower placement and on more levels.

I thought FieldRunners was my favorite game, but these two GD games are the best I have ever played. Absolutely mesmerizing.

Take care!

19. pcurr

pcurr New Member

Oct 3, 2009
    A Bit of a Juggle

Hey this is a really informative forum! My girlfriend and I are slowly completing the medium levels. I must confess that without some of the tips on here we would still be trying to succeed at M1 :rolleyes: It sure is a big step up from easy to medium! I have managed to finish the Juggling level (M8) but can only score 1150. I looked at the leader board and some of the scores are incredible! Has anyone any ideas how to get a larger score. I know killing them a the exit would be one way but as they are all joined at the hip one would surely slip through :confused:

Cheers :D

Paul

20. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    That's the SAME score I have! I'm going to play it again and see if i can get the score up.. I guess you have to juggle at the very last second? I've beaten them all and now i'm going back to see if i can bump up the score.. I think this is a great level to test out! Keep in mind, some of the scores are bogus, especially the first few... According to others, they're completed through bugs or hacks... Not sure the specifics...

Oh and Paul, welcome to TA!