iPad Pixel Quest RPG - Retro Looking Sandbox RPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mmztech, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    #21 Underwater, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    It's not, if you use a code, you can't review it on iTunes.

On topic, this game looks really cool ( except for the roof in screenshot 1, the perspective doesn't fit the graphics ). 1 buck is really cheap, so I'll buy it soon. I hope I can play it soon.

2. gosenbach

gosenbach Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer (mechanical/electrical/software)
    Hi Undeadcow :)
    True, I was a little off topic there. very interesting game which is why I am watching this thread. I, however, have not yet been able to actually play said game so therefor cannot comment on its game play in any relevant manner. Although it does look quite awesome from the screenshots. I am looking forward to checking it out.

3. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Would love to see iPhone 5 resolution support.

4. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Going to go out on a limb here and spend a whole 99 cents! So I won't have to bemoan that someone took a code and didn't leave a review, sure hope I can recover financially from this gamble!

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok bought it so here's my impressions:

Nice old school graphics no story but this has maybe user created part written all over it which would be cool.the battles are card based even your basic attack of weapon but you can buy more cards and fix your weapon on a anvil for free I believe cause didn't noticed my gold went down.

There's a little walking dead in here from the news on the start up with hershal and walkers.

Overall not a bad game don't know if iap is in it but grinding is gonna be the main focus.

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Bought this and so far I love it. Yipe V is one of my all time favorite games and this game has a similar feel to it.

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    What do you wanna know about the game?

8. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    Anything about the game would be good...how does combat play out, is it really open world... It looks good, but I am on the fence...

9. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Sanuku made a video that shows what it can do. Yes it's open world and combat is card based like your weapon so you can repair it for free at a anvil and other cards (spells and health) at the shops (fireball cost one coin each)

A tip upgrade your weapon first so grinding won't be so cumbersome. The controls work actually and saving is automatic. If your low on health you can transport into town for free plus regan is on you but not in caves so no automatic healing in caves.

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    say THANKS is FREE & POLITE (if you know the word)... lurkers have no excuses!!! is useless to play the role of the devil's attorney!

btw, i've boguht Pixel Quest RPG, like many and many other games, don't need a code, thanks!!! ;)

11. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Gabrien happens to be right in this case, however: the central reason TA members tell developers to give out codes in messages is simply to reduce the competition and increase their own chance of getting one. Having the chance to post reviews or feedback is of secondary concern to getting their hands on "free stuff".

In pretty much any thread where codes have been made available to TA members exclusively, most of these people have not provided any kind of feedback or review - simply saying, "Thanks (for not making me spend my own money, sucker)," isn't valuable to anybody, and isn't actually worth any more to a developer than silence is.

Hell, in this case perhaps a running tally should be kept stickied, recording who has acknowledged taking a public code and has also subsequently provided solid feedback, so that developers can check that list and give out private codes to those people whose track record indicates that they would actually be of some use.

Now, as for the game itself, is there any actual story involved, or is it more a collection of randomly-generated quests and monsters in an open sandbox world?

12. alyfantis

alyfantis Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Hokkaido, Japan
    I played for maybe 30 minutes last night so my comment may not be worth much, but so far there's been no story except for one-line quest prompts. But yeah, I too would like to know if it develops into something more.

It's certainly a slow starter--I'm struggling to come to grips with the basics but it's compelling enough that I'm going to persist in playing.

13. KaptainKirk12

KaptainKirk12 New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone has gotten to the puzzle with the 4 colored rings and if so, how do you solve it?

14. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I haven't even completed the 2nd quest because I don't know where to go I been battling. I'm about to upgrade to the 2nd weapon for 50 gold so if that's tell you anything. Where's the cave to kill the Skelton knight

15. KaptainKirk12

KaptainKirk12 New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Nevermind i have figured it out. Also the skeleton knight is at the cemetery crypt. If you go right from the village and reach the first plant, travel south and turn left once the path forks and you will be at the cemetery.

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    When you walk out of town, keep following the road right, then down, then left. You'll come to a graveyard guarded by a skeleton. Inside the graveyard is a tomb you can enter. You will need a light source.

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I figured that. Is the skeleton hard?

This needs a level up system of some sorts

18. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    So... Lets talk the battle music.

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    No... that would defeat the purpose of the gathering and crafting mechanic.