To take a promo code, you should have to have an account and pm the dev.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ava0425, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ava0425

ava0425 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Washington, U.S.
    Lurkers take promo codes and dont have the nerve to leave a reply. In my opinion, you should at least contact the dev. The whole reason of promo codes should be to test out a game for the dev and give suggestions. So maybe, restrict the promo code and contest forum to people that have accounts? Sorry, just irks me to see promo codes disappear and no one even replies. >:|

2. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    You've gotta deal with it man :(
    PMs take a REALLY long time for the devs, especially when they have a whole batch. There's a time limit; I think you can only send one PM per thirty seconds. On the brighter side, even if they don't post a 'thanks' they're still trying the app; that's exactly what the devs want right? If they're decent enough, they will leave a short review. (some people are just stubborn and dont want to make an acct, or too lazy to post a thank you :p)

3. ava0425

ava0425 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Washington, U.S.
    Yea I'm not complaining about me missing promos, I just think it's unfair to other loyal members.

4. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    I totally agree the lurkers are doing nothing for the developer they will just take the code and run . Give it too a majority of members and they will rate, review and give the developer important feedback which is why they are handing them out in the first place . I myself was given two last night and today I will sit down and play the games and either contact the dev and give him feedback or post it on the thread . They were given in the right way via PM .

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #5 Vovin, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    Bla bla bla... oh no, not again this topic.

We had this discussion here a thousand times, just use the search function and read the threads.

If the devs want to share their codes freely to everyone, stop being jealous.
    It is not yours to decide how to handle this.

And stop using the wrong term "lurker". People on the internet who are taking without giving are called "leeches", google that before you insult a lot of forum readers.

Last but not least: you are accusing the wrong people. There are quite some REGISTERED forum members who take codes without leaving a reply or a review. Even I could take codes without saying anything. You have no proof for your accusations - they are simply false. Look into promo code threads, check how much members take codes and then check the AppStore for reviews.
    There are a lots of examples where much more members took codes and only a few reviewed actually.

To the opener of the thread:

By looking at your profile, your posts and the groups you've registered:
    you are here mainly here because of promo codes and contests, participating in forum life just for your own benefits. You are not in the position to demand anything here. The people here already know the purpose of threads like these: it's not about caring for the oh so poor developers - it's about how to get more codes yourself. People just can't admit it.

Now stop acting ridiculous and drop this pointless debate.