iPad Pocket Heroes - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    I. Must be missing something here or I am billy no mates....
    Tried adding from GC, no response. Added people from add in link, clicked start a new adventure and invited 3 who I invited today. Still nothing. What happens when you get invited? Not had one myself yet.

2. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sorry to be off-topic but can you pm me where you play D&D ? I had no idea this went on in forums ! I would certainly love to be in on that !

3. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    I added you in GC ! Pls start a game with me ! (GC : IsaacAsimov)

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    You are an Asimov fan? Ok we are best friends now :) You should invite me to play this with you.

5. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    I will mate ! I've read a lot of Asimov, and a lot of Asimov is a lot with him being so prolific. Adding now mate ;-)

6. hobbitrjw27

hobbitrjw27 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    I too am curious about this as well....i've looked into D&D on their website and it looks complicated,is playing on a forum the same to where you need a lot of stuff?

I now have 2 of 4 games that have made it to quest 2,and my other 2 games havent moved for a couple days now.

7. VanderLegion

VanderLegion Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    You mainly need access to at least some of the books and/or the D&D insider subscription (which gets youa ccess to the character builder and compendium). That's all you really need to have. Maps are done in a variety of ways depending on who the DM is, a lot of them are starting to use google docs spreadsheets now. Not as pretty, but makes it so players can edit it themselves to account for their actions on their turn. The main thing that's different from playing irl games is how initiative works, it's modified a bit to work better for the PbP setting.

8. hobbitrjw27

hobbitrjw27 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Would you PM me a list of books that may be a good idea to look into? I can check out the D&D insider tools as well.

9. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

We are absolutely working on something similar to this.

In the short-term we are going to implement random invites for people who don't know about the TA forums or who just don't have anyone to play with. However, as has been noted here, it's not a great solution to the real problem which is, in my opinion, being able to build and manage a great party.

After the random games update is released we're going to work on a new system that will really help with the player discovery issues and facilitate a form of drop-in/drop-out functionality.

We've learned so much over the last week just by watching how people are coming together to form parties, and the kind of information they want to share to make that happen. We definitely want to bring all of that party making into the game so that everyone can benefit from it.

I know the launch has been a rough experience for some of our players but because of the great feedback we're getting I think we'll be able to fix a lot of the issues that people are running into over the next few weeks.

10. Brandon Pollet

I just sent you a PM so we can try to figure out the problem you're having.

11. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    They don't vary a LOT. For crit, it's between around 2 and 8, and for accuracy, it varies between around 88 and 98.

Do you mean what quest/level am I at in the game? I've got a number of games going, but my highest is level 4/quest 3 I think.

12. shdwstar2417

shdwstar2417 Member

May 16, 2012
    Hi I just got this game and I would like to start out with some people. I'm always ready to play (unless i'm sleep ) and I gonna start out as a Rogue class. My GC is shdwstar2417 so add me plz !

13. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    I have started several games and after the first move to the wolf, I cannot normally go further. In on my comrade already got to tavern, but I cannot move. I have got to one point ,having killed a wolf, then told to kill a bandit, game freezes, no more moves. Help please.

14. Tomwin

Tomwin New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    #514 Tomwin, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    Originally Posted by c.ihls
    Hmm, currently I'm on quest no. 5 (hi comassio, I think we fight together - my nick is Alrik/poppajoe). But now the game keeps crashing on me - no chance to proceed, seems the whole party has to stop ... did someone have the same problem??

We are on quest 8 and have ran into this problem twice now randomly. What you need to do is hit menu and resync then hit end turn. This should let you get past the problem. You have to be real quick to do it though hope this helps.

15. cubanbass

cubanbass Member

Jul 12, 2012
    musician
    Hoboken, NJ
    Help I'm stuck outside the maze!!

[​IMG]

16. cubanbass

cubanbass Member

Jul 12, 2012
    musician
    Hoboken, NJ
    Looks like I'm back on the map, moved around black area until I was able to move back on through west side of screens tunnel

17. Brandon Pollet

Did you move yourself out there or did the replay put your character out there?

Usually when you see something like that you can hit the menu button and then resync to get back to a good spot.

I've fixed a number of the replay bugs for the first update so hopefully we won't be seeing this kind of thing very often.

18. KevinM

KevinM Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Co-Founder, Witching Hour Studios
    Singapore
    I will say one thing about this game ... it's definitely a breath of fresh air. Ian, Brian and myself are done with the first 3 missions and the game is great because it lets us play at our own pace (we actually don't sit in the office together half the time, unless it's crunch time since the 3 of us do different things). I really think the async portion makes the game far more enjoyable, because we don't pressure each other to make a move immediately either. (what's the rush anyway..) :D

minor syncing issues aside, the game's been pretty stable for us so far. not sure if that was because we started the game by inviting each other by email, or because Brandon was able to link up Ian's game center account properly (either way - thanks Brandon for the prompt response!).

As for the graphic tearing etc, being a D&D player, I just simply use my imagination and poof ... no more tearing! ( ha ha .. isn't that what D&D is all about anyway?)

and on that note, I better get back to work before Ian has me flogged.

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    After playing this weekend I have a lot of games where one of two things is happening:

1. No move has been made in several days and I have a lot of characters I wish I could delete.

2. With the exception of Godson I have a bunch of people I am playing with that just mad grab loot from monsters you killed. Most people will break off mid fight to go get to loot from something you killed. Not a huge deal but a bit annoying.

20. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Thank you so much!! This helped me out - hope my party members will do the same so we can continue :D