Super Stickman Golf 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jschidlowsky, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschidlowsky

jschidlowsky Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    #1 jschidlowsky, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    UPDATE: OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE: March 14

UPDATE Feb 23rd: Official Trailer:

Well the time has come to officially announce our next big project! Many people have been waiting for it, many people begging for it.... But now I can finally officially announce what we've been working on.

Tighten your belt because this sequel is going to blow your pants right off. In addition to all the classic features and modes you know and love, here's is just a taste of what were thinking of doing in SSG2:

Game Play – SSG2 is loaded with brand new courses, power ups, environmental hazards, achievements, collectables and some awesome surprises I can't even talk about yet.

Asynchronous Multiplayer – You wanted it you got it. In addition to the classic multiplayer race mode, we are bringing turn based play so you can challenge your friends for total SSG dominance. Just at your own pace.

Realtime Multiplayer enhancements - Goodbye lag. Hello bliss. The realtime arcade multiplayer mode you know and love, except more powerups and more crazy mayhem.

Puzzle Mode – Think you have the maddest SSG skills around? Well put it to the test in our new Puzzle Mode. These scenario based puzzle holes will bring an all new challenge and set of rewards to even the most seasoned of SSG players.

To celebrate this monumental announcement we decided drop the price of Super Stickman Golf to free for a limited time (download here). If you haven't hit the links on our Canadian Video Game Award nominated, Rocket and Raygun winning game, now is the time!

Also, we want our fans to make the new theme song! Well sort of... We are holding a remix/cover contest for all the audiophiles and super fans out there. Download the files of the original SSG Theme and remix away! Contest details at noodlecake.com (should be up tomorrow) and if we like what we hear, your song could be in SSG2.

Oh, and one last thing. We're also looking for alpha testers so please let me know if you would like to be a tester.

Some teaser screencaps:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Now, that's what I'm talking about. SSG is still one of the best casual games on the iOS.

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Instabuy fosho. 2 multiplayer modes?!?!

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    This sounds absolutely awesome!!! SSG actually was one of the few games that I barely played after I got it, but recently (last few months) I've been playing it a ton and loving it. I don't say it often, as most of the time I don't mean it, but this will be an Instabuy. Can't wait for it to come out.

5. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Not much different from SSG1. :S

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Sweet! The first two are awesome and now this.. I would love to be a tester :)

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This will be a day 1 purchase for sure. Day -1 if possible. :) SSG is the best golf game ever. Also I'm really glad you're also keeping the live multiplayer, not just async, as we love that, especially me and my kids via bluetooth. I'm happy. Tell me where to send my money. :)

8. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    lol @ portals. Awesome.

I'll admit this is an insta-buy regardless, but please consider iCloud support! Please?! I could help you test it ;)

9. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Oh my, you just made my day! SSG is one of my all time iOS favorites and is also an office favorite - we still play multiplayer matches to this day! Can't wait, instabuy for me as well :)
    (if you need alpha/beta testers, wouldn't mind signing up, I actually have a B.Sc. in computer science)

10. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Oh, I would love to be a tester for SSG2 as well :)

11. thirty3baboons

Nov 8, 2009
    #11 thirty3baboons, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    Just about the only game my friends and I play on ios....such an awesome multiplayer.

Would absolutely LOVE to be a tester.

Also....any chance of enabling gamecenter voice chat for those who love online multiplayer with friends?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/e2145

[​IMG]

It's just begging to have a super stickman 2 version......begging!!!!!

12. Flare_TM

Flare_TM Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Was dissappointed that the multiplayer in the previous game was like a race.

Real life golf is "asynchronus"; it shouldn't be a rush but more of a strategic game so this news is absolutley brilliant and can't wait to play.

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    You're probably the first person I heard that was disappointed from the multiplayer, it's about having fun, not simulating the real game of golf, which if my memory serves me right, doesn't involve floating land masses, conveyor belts, climbing through giant trees or putting on the moon (the crew of Apollo 12 might have a different opinion on that one though!) I will be happy for asynchronous multiplayer as well but I'm even happier the race is back. :)

14. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    I'd be down for testing the game. Absolutely loved the first

15. Flare_TM

Flare_TM Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Just because I'm comparing the concept of asynchronus play to real life doesn't mean you need to compare the whole game to it; I loved this game for its levels and style but hated having to rush instead of using the various islands and terrain to play strategically, which is now more possible with async.

16. murph

murph Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    NYC
    SSG was awesome. Really looking forward to SSG2, would love to help test.

17. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Oh how I hope this will be good...

18. mrbofus

mrbofus Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Will there ever be an update for SSG to have iCloud syncing, a la Tiny Wings and Tiny Wings HD? Will SSG2 have iCloud syncing?

19. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    WHEN IS THIS GAME COMING OUT... omg I want it so bad, im a huge fan of SSG

20. murph

murph Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    NYC
    Any update? Is the alpha/beta still happening?