Angry Birds is the best-selling game on PlayStation Network

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arta, Apr 11, 2011.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    You are dead sony

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Rovio pulled a dumbass move when they brought it to PSN. Um, hello!? Rovio?! This is the same company thats bashing idevice gaming, you know, the one that made you a SUCCESS!!!:rolleyes:

4. cauliflower36

cauliflower36 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2011
  5. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
  6. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    #6 weehoo, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    Principles are often put aside for $MONEY$. I'm sure the creators of Angry Birds talked a big game until Sony showed up with a paycheck. It's really a defense mechanism to attack the competition and Rovio/Sony were just promoting their primary platform. Those comments coming from both sides are really to subconsciously instill a certain ideology about gaming, and what it should/shouldn't be. At the end of the day, it's just about creating opinion and making sales.

Honestly---------Why try beating 'em when you can join 'em.----------- Rovio's fiscal gains have probably (not referenced and purely assumption) doubled since. If only companies/people kept their integrity, this world would be so very different and I agree with you on the hypocrisy displayed.

Now that Rovio has seen success on its very popular "1-hit wonder," lets see if they can sustain the hype/creativity for the long haul. It's nice to see a developer succeed, but trust me on this, like trucker hats and generic tattoos, this too shall pass.