[Kickstarter] Genesis! - by Covenant Media

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Primoz, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #1 Primoz, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    The marketing for this is all wrong. He should have done this as a pc game and then port it to mobile. Mobile games do awful on kickstarter.

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #3 Primoz, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    There are quite a few mobile games that got more than this game's funding goal, so there is hope. The problem is that it's not really that original, since there are hundreds of such games already on PC, making it mobile makes it more unique.

4. Hafiz Pon

Hafiz Pon Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    contract worker during the day, thinking game idea
    I've been lead tech for a few decent-sized games studios before and part of my job besides coding and running a team is budgeting and scheduling. The funding requested feels to small for an open world RPG with minecraft-like abilities.

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    It's true that a lot of the developers set lower goals to reach them more easily, but later find themselves development hell. But this game has been in development for 2 years and the developers seems to know what he is doing.

6. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Looks good count me in if you need an testflighter :)

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I'm not in any way associated with this project, so don't bother. Besides this game still has to go a long way before it's even ready for an alpha test; if ever. The most you can do right now to make this game a reality, is to throw some money at their kickstarter campaign. If not that, you can at least spread the word about the project.

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    This looks really good, what they show in the trailer is gorgeous.
    Don't think they'll make it, though ... only 110$ so far?

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Well, there is your mobile gaming community and it's support for quality games for you. I haven't really looked at games which goal was met and was way higher than this game's goal (the link I posted earlier) and it turns out that the most funded kickstarter mobile game is a match-3-puzzle game. This game really didn't have much of a chance at its start.

It's pretty sad because this really does look fantastic. Crafting, survival and mining for those who love that kind of stuff and exploration, story and all other RPG goodies for others. No idea who wouldn't like this game.

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Uhhh.... So this "update" was posted by the developer 6 hours ago...

Um...
    Huh....
    Why...
    Uuuuuh....

My boner for this game simply dissapeared by reading those 3 sentences, sorry dev.

[​IMG]

11. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Wow, just wow. Looks like we needed a Jew to head this project if we ever wanted it finished.

12. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    If one went to their website and read it, you would understand. But I guess since they do have some morals and values and held to them (and assuming the update was true since it no longer is there], that gives you the right to criticize them due to those values??

13. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've had a look on the website and see the story about the game is about the world after Noah's flood. I can't see anything about why they can't accept help from a non christian and if I'm honest I don't understand the logic. I mean, are they going to ask every potential donater if they are christian? I'd imagine people who try to help being told they can't because of their religion being offended. Like I say I haven't read all their website yet so if I've missed something I'll come back and correct myself.

I couldn't see the comment either so I'm hoping it was a mistake.

14. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #14 cloudpuff, Mar 25, 2015
    The comment is on their Facebook page.

15. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm atheist so maybe I don't have any saying in these religion discuss. But to refuse an offer because the client is not Christian ? I don't get it, what kind of reason is that ? Is this the norm in American these day ?

16. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    #16 qdiddy, Mar 25, 2015
    I'm Christian, and I think it's a stupid not to accept money to achieve your goal. Did he forget that if it doesn't get made, then the kids will never see it? However, I'd understand if they didn't want to do it because the non-Christian donor wanted to advertise their non-Christian organization in their Christian game. That'd be worth turning down a donation.

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I'm an atheist myself, and a staunch and outspoken anti-religionist. Yes, of course we have a saying in discussions like this.

If they want to turn down a sponsor for whatever reason, that's their business.
    The one thing I don't like is that they didn't state this upfront. Wouldn't this look good on a Kickstarter page: "Only accepting donations from Christians, Mexicans, Women, ideally you are all of the above." -> Outrage, discrimination lawsuit upcoming :p

18. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    #18 SwipeNova, Mar 25, 2015
    I take it they dont want my money then as im not Christian either

On a serious note.. if this has religious connection im not interested even though it looks decent

19. covenantmedia

covenantmedia Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Hi!! Thanks for the post!! We're the ones making the game!!

20. covenantmedia

covenantmedia Member

Mar 25, 2015
    The problem we had with that deal was that they would become our partner, it wasn't just a donation. We'd accept donations from anyone, ha ha. They wanted, in essence, to buy our game/idea. And, if you know anything about rights and investors (which we do), we know that if we sold it like that, we'd loose creative control and the ability to fully realize what we'd envisioned. :)