Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Actually, combats in FM are very unique and you won't be gunning whatever moves every min. You won't see corridors full of clones or something like that. Every foe in our game is unique, they will surprise you in different ways and they are really tied up to the storyline. We have an emphasis on realistic/immerse combats but FM isn't an action oriented game, it's purely horror oriented.

2. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    In game dynamic cinematics with voices and facial/body animations. You are in control while in a cut-scene. For example, you enter a room and finds a character, he start to speak and you can still move and interact with him while both (you and him) are in a dialogue. Think of Half Life 2 in a third person perspective. ;)

3. jujumafon

jujumafon Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    So you're talking about a huge variety of enemies am I right ? If every enemy is unique and bound to the storyline, and we only saw 2 types of enemies until now. You sure know how to keep a secret man xD I can only imagine how the combat will work.

4. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Enemies are related to the environment you are exploring and they are part of the storyline (if you have sharp exploration skills you'll find lots of notes and documents talking about those creatures). :)
    In the upcoming videos, I'm not going to reveal all enemies only few of them. You know, only give you a taste of what to expect in the final version. ;)
    The final trailer will of course reveal a bit more information about the game.

5. jujumafon

Nov 1, 2012
    Exploration and these touches like notes with details of the world is one of the best things on survival horrors xD I never let anything behind. I can expect a hell of a immersive world then.
    Cant wait for those videos man, wish I could be a beta tester, it would be a honnor to help you guys with this game.

6. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    There has been plenty of screenshots and gameplay footage released. The game is obviously being developed and there is nothing to gain from not releasing it. I'm not sure why you think there is some conspiracy to keep people waiting for a game that will never release.

7. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    This is one of my most anticipated games too, but as Squarezero mentioned, since it is the end of the year. It would be nice for a release date.

I just realized this thread started in 2009. Holy sh** !

8. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Wut.

9. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012

Oh err... I've got some bad news for you.

10. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I would not call that abuse. I think if people didn't care so much about this game, people would not even post. This game is 3 years in the making so, yeah, everyone wants to play it and if Tatoforever said that he would give a release date before the year is over. He should honour it.

11. jujumafon

Nov 1, 2012
    Tato, tell us a little more about that fear factor you mentioned earlier, I remember seeing something like this in Hounting Gounds for ps2, wich is not the best example, and in Eternal Darkness 2, wich is a masterpiece for gamecube.

12. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2312 tatoforever, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    @squarezero you are right, but we still have tons of people waiting for more fresh news about the game. It's hard to simply say "ready when it's ready" and step away, we must at least give something approximate and then assume our responsibilities. Isn't quite simple. ^^
    The video won't make it for today (possibly tomorrow or after tomorrow) but at least I'll say the release date which is for May 2013.

13. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    And can play on iPod touch 4?

14. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    -------- May 2013 --------

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Excellent. Thank you for the info -- and right on time, too ;).

16. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    The game runs pretty fine on it but we still have a memory problem (it crashes quite often with the itouch4 due to the 256MBs memory limit). We have gazillions of data loaded on every level. As soon as the optimization is done I'll post a video of the game running on the iTouch4.
    Texture resolution will of course be reduced quite a lot (not a problem on iPhone4).

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Give it a rest. Tato is not developing the game by himself: he has a team and, more important, investors. Any information he shares has to be vetted and approved by multiple parties. He may have known the release date for weeks already, but not able to share till now. That's how things work when you're not an indie developer out on your own.

PS: that's what I mean by "behaving like a jerk."

18. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    @Idgeian,
    With all due respect, high living moral standards have nothing to do with how game industry works. Smaller games are easy to predict. FM is a big game with a depth hierarchy of sub-systems quite complex. Yes I' said we where trying to finish the game by December (but we never said we WILL released and publish it this month). We clearly said we won't release the game till is polished and if we have to take 3-4 months extra to make it better we will do it. Say whatever you want, we won't release the game till is fully polished. :D

19. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    until may?! omg why, damn i wanna play this game so bad, but i guess its for the best keep up the good work tato

20. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Oct 30, 2012
    I'm happy to wait for a quality product. Something to look forward to :)