iPhone Game and Watch style game for iPad: User testers needed

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BillyT, Jul 15, 2013.

1. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Hi all,

We have created a "demake" of a popular MMO in the retro game and watch style from the early 1980s. If you're interested in user testing the game before its release, please email [email protected]

The app is still under review with Apple. Once approved we can provide promo codes, but before then we can distribute the app to testers through testflight - just let us know your testflight address when you email us.

Thanks very much!
    Bill

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    This sounds great, i love game and watch 'homages'. However i'm sad to hear its just ipad only and not universal. Any chance of it going universal ?

3. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    No sorry the design of this game couldn't possibly fit on an iPhone screen. We are making a series of games though so it is quite possible that future games will be universal.

Thanks for your interest though. I'll post back here when future games are ready for testing.

Bill

4. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    PS just saw your sig. Will be adding iCade support as soon as mine arrives! :)

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've just started testing this and I'm not sure if I can reveal details or anything but all I will say is, if you like game & watch (I do) be prepared to be blown away as this is the best G&W style game I've played on the App Store. (And I've probably played most of them :rolleyes:)

6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I'll check it out when it comes out, because as of now, I am to busy to test right now. Good luck on the game though!

7. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Wow. Thank you both for the kind words. Thanks also for the feedback on testflight - we agree and have fixes lined up for the next build.

8. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    If you want to get a head start on iCade Support, http://kode80.com/osx-apps/simul80/ can help.

9. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    That looks very useful - thank you!

10. MUZBOZ

MUZBOZ Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Game Designer, King, and Lord of the Realm
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just played this at PAX Aus yesterday, and it was really groovy.
    Really cool LCD style graphics. I look forward to seeing the next ones in the series!

11. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    hey thanks very much - glad you enjoyed it.