Universal Battle Group 2 (by Right Pedal Studios Publishing)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 13, 2014.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Bought the game and can't wait for timers to be gone.:D

2. BattleGroup

BattleGroup New Member

Aug 15, 2014
    You no longer have to repair ships! Update is live! No more delay! Get shooting! Let us know what you think!

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    just saw this thread again today and I'm completely happy with the news. thanks dev for coming by and hear our complain. ill change my review later once the update goes live. thanks again and from the first time i already said that this is a good and fun game but timers ruins it but it won't be a problem anymore with the next update.

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thank You for listening and getting rid of the timers, that was the only portion of the game I didn't like. Great take on the Missile Command gameplay.:D

5. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Great game guys! May I suggest a bit sharper SFX and a minigun:cool: Thanks for great game!

6. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    Hi all - a big new Battle Group 2 update is out today!

Here is a list of the changes:

* The game is now FREE! So there is no excuse not to download and start blowing away enemy Talon missiles and helicopters

* Full support for Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, German and French

* Metal support for better rendering

* Updated user interface

* Rebalanced levels for even more fun

* Ability to easily share combat videos and action packed screen shots

Please let us know what you think.

7. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Is this a sale or now F2P? If F2P, what about the early adopters that paid?

8. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    It's F2P forever - but the team has designed it so it stays "PAID" for original players. They will get all the cool new features but none of the free to play stuff.

Speaking of free to play, it's very minimal. You can earn extra Oil by watching incentivized videos or doing offers, so it's not in your face. There's also an Oil Doubler IAP. The team have worked really hard to keep a "premium" game experience.

Al, who created the game, can chime in with more information on this.

9. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Its sad that it moved to F2P, however I see the developer side in this aspect. I hope its not intrusive and hope it doesn't deteriorate the premium experience.

10. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    It's been out as paid for quite a while, so those who prefer premium have already bought it. And they won't be affected by the move to free.

But now that it is free it will let a whole bunch of new people experience the game for the first time, which is great for the team.

11. Doolwind

Doolwind Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hi sugimulm,

I'm one of the developers on the project and wanted to give you some more details. I spent a bunch of time writing a system so anyone who purchased the game previously will not be affected in any way by the move to F2P. You will continue playing the game as you always have without ads, delay mechanics etc. Anyone downloading the game for free can access the entire game without spending any money, however they see ads until they make a purchase and have a few other differences. I wanted to make sure we were loyal to our existing playerbase and put the time in to make sure the system was as fair as possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

12. SpungeGames

SpungeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Oh wow. It's like every single hour I poured into Missile Command suddenly is relevant again! :D Smooth gameplay, satisfying explosions, and the powerups! Once I realised I could multitouch to fire multiple missiles simultaneously? I became the ultimate Battle Group tactician. But then I got overzealous.

Oh what's that? I just lost several hours on this? Not even mad.

10/10 would fire all ze missiles again.

- Elliot@SpungeGames

13. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    Thanks Elliot. Glad you picked up on the Missile Command vibe. And yes, multi-touch works works great in the game.

It's one thing that wasn't explicitly pointed out to the player, so I'm not sure if many people have discovered this, but once you work it out you can take out multiple enemies at once.

Another trick I use is to quickly double tap between two oncoming jets - this takes them both out before they can launch a single missile (and looks cool).

14. BattleGroup

BattleGroup New Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Love it! Thanks!

15. Pixel. Perfect

Mar 21, 2015
    Missile Command!!! Oh the memories. This is a fun and nostalgic journey to my childhood. I couldn't get into this because of the original changes, but with this update it is on my play list for sure.

Well done guys

PP