BigStack + Broken Kings Tactical Art Style?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Daniel KR@, Aug 27, 2010.

?

Which Art Style Would You Prefer?

1. Traditional

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Whimsical

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Daniel KR@

Daniel KR@ Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Game Designer
    Calgary
    Hello TouchArcade Friends!
    Dan here from BigStack Studios (Sigma). I'm happy to announce that one of our upcoming projects is a collaboration between ourselves, Broken Kings (Castle Conflict) and my good friend Sean Dunkley (Bella Machina). Stephan Gazzard of Broken Kings is largely heading up the project with Mr. Dunkley handling the art production! The game will indeed be a tactical turn based game.

I'm posting here today to get some opinions on the direction we should go with the art style. We're wavering between a traditional knights in shining armour style and a more whimsical animals in armour approach.

Here is a very quick concept image of each potential style:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What we request of you, our peers, is your preference between the two, and any thoughts you are willing to share. Let us know what you think!

2. racingspider

racingspider Well-Known Member

#2 racingspider, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
    Personally, I can't stand whimsical - or cutsie anime style. However, I might be the minority though.

Let me be clear though, they ARE cute (the animals of course), I just don't like playing a character like that, or even for that matter the "traditional" style you show there is too cutsie for me as well. :p