The Woods - 1.5 update competition (horror game)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by ThreeCubes, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    #1 ThreeCubes, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    The Woods has just had a new update and we are keen to see what you think. So much so we have a 20 dollar (or UK pounds if you prefer) itunes gift card to give away

Its simple leave a review UK or US app store and you will be entered into the prize draw. After you have left a review post your appstore review name here and what appstore you reviewed in. (it can take about 48 hours to show).

What's New:-

Full proportional joystick control
    Backwards and sideways movement (strafing)
    Better sound volume levels, walking sound more subtle
    The location of some of the pages have changed
    Smaller download and install size
    General bug fixes
    Better end game portal effect

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/the-woods/id572390276

Once we have 15 reviews in each store we will place all the entires on a list here and announce the winner 24 hours later.

Competition is now open

conditions

Anybody can enter but you can only win either a UK or US gift card (whichever you want)
    We will select at random out of all the entires
    Anybody who entered our previous competition can enter even if they won! (We are assuming that if you update your old review it will new show as a current review version)
    This competition is also running on our facebook page and the entries will be combined

2. khuanoz

khuanoz Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Reviewed!

reviewed as khuan0z on US app store

i've yet to encounter any spirits (God bless my soul) but will try it again with my friends during the daylight (yes I'm scared of things like that haha) but i've got to point out that there's a bug (or well an issue) with the 3 finger tap on the screen since I enabled zoom function (I think available in iOS 5 and above, I'm using iOS 6.0.1) so I cant open my diary unless I use the Gestures feature under the Accessibility Button (or whatever you call that button haha)
    hope you can look into it =) other than that, great game!

3. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    thanks Khuanoz!

Im hoping not many people use the three fingures to zoom function. i did not know it was there till you said. I will put a note on our website for now

Thanks for the comment though.

4. khuanoz

Nov 27, 2012
    sure no problem, i must be one of those weird users that escaped your beta testers and the 100 or so people who reviewed the app before me haha
    it is a tad bothersome to have to turn it off each time i play..hmm maybe you can change it to 3 fingers swipe up for diary and swipe down to close it, perhaps it wont conflict with the zoom function (but i doubt the solution would be that easy haha) the game was great..had a few scares and laughs..yes it makes for a good party app too taking turns to get scared and laughing at those who got freaked out =) great game..would love more updates in the future!

5. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Your review just showed up on the appstore, not sure why it took so long.

Thanks again.

6. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Reviews seem to be taking ages to get approved by the AppStore so be patient.

7. khuanoz

Nov 27, 2012
    there was something wrong with the app store that day, saw it in other forums as well =)

8. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks, for a few hours that day all my reviews disappeared.

9. JackyLau95

JackyLau95 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Is this still open?

10. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Yes - it will close when we have 15 new reviews in the uk and us appstores - or when the next update comes out

11. JackyLau95

JackyLau95 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    #11 JackyLau95, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    Ok i will post a review as JackyLau99995 on the US appstore.