HoverThis - A Retro Flappy Game with a Message

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by Noxid, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Noxid

Noxid Member

Feb 20, 2014
    HoverThis is a FREE game available on Google Play. It's not just a Flappy Bird clone, but a game in memory of Flappy with a message!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fingerprint.hoverthis&hl=en

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you ever thought of why Flappy Bird is gone forever?

While our team is uncertain of the reasons behind that decision, one thing is quite clear -- there is a lot of insecurity and pressure on indie developers these days.

E.g. The fear that your hard work will get stolen (then claim that you are the one stealing)

E.g. The fear that you might get sued for using a common word that some company suddenly decides that it's theirs.

When we heard Flappy Bird is gone forever, we can't help but think "Who is next?"

We hope you will download and enjoy this game, but more importantly, we hope that you can think about what would happen if corporate bullying in the name of protection becomes a norm.

2. Noxid

Noxid Member

Feb 20, 2014
    #2 Noxid, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  3. Noxid

Noxid Member

Feb 20, 2014
    #3 Noxid, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Going back to basics and it's still fun!

[​IMG]

BIG UPDATE WITH NEW GAME MECHANICS COMING SOON!!

[​IMG]

4. Noxid

Noxid Member

Feb 20, 2014
    COMING SOON v2.0 Update

For those of you who are saying that there are too many Flappy clones, I wanna say that I feel the same way. My team and I are still quite new to game development, but we want to give something a little more than just a clone with simple re-skin of texture.

So this is what we're going to do. We are releasing a v2.0 update with a new game mode. It'll be more challenging, and we'll throw a little something extra into the mix. (No, it's not about picking up stuff while you flap your way through the game)

We're also hoping to keep doing updates after v2.0 as well, so leave me a message here or at my Twitter, or our Facebook page. I'll try to see what I can do for you all.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/noxidz

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Fingerprint.Studio.Ltd

5. Noxid

Noxid Member

Feb 20, 2014
    v2.0 is now available at Google Play!!

By now, I think everyone is pretty much exhausted with all the Flappy clones flooding the market. Flappy this Flappy that.

Well, I don't want to bomb you with another clone, so my team and I are throwing in something new to the existing gameplay.

v2.0 Features:

- Two game modes available: "Basic" or "Challenge"
    "Basic" mode gives you the leisure of practicing while "Challenge" mode gets progressively more difficult as you pass through obstacles.
    - Collect "Flappies" in Challenge Mode to unlock new Flappers and Obstacles!
    - Customize your game for different look and feel. More Flappers and Obstacles will be added regularly!

This is just the beginning of a new path. We can't put in all the ideas in the first two updates, so we're breaking it down and adding the new features while you have the game.

Come check it out, and let me know what you think! :)
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fingerprint.hoverthis&hl=en

6. Noxid

Noxid Member

Feb 20, 2014
    New Feature - Customize Your Game

Screenshots of new Flappers and Crashers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Noxid

Noxid Member

Feb 20, 2014
    New Game Trailer Complete!

The new game trailer is now ready for viewing on YouTube!
    Worked a full day today to get it made, hope you will like it.

Please leave me comments, I'll reply, I promise!