GTA Vice City

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lepeos, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    I played the original Nintendo DS GTA:CTW and after that bought both versions for iOS because I liked it so much. The amount of stuff they put in a mobile GTA game was amazing at the time. (Plus the iOS versions aren't that expensive anyway.)

Among the big system GTAs, I slightly prefer GTA:SA mainly because the game world is bigger and more varied and I liked many of the unique side missions like the flight school, driving schools, the quarry missions, and so on. But VC will always be the only game I played in university that I risked wearing headphones for during lectures. Actually it's pretty much the only game I played for at least a year after it came out.

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #262 Rip73, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #263 ironsam80, Dec 3, 2012
    Cool... I see a lot of improvement here... Special the character model in the minigun pic looks very nice (fingers, better cloth textures and more polygons, i think...) Cannot wait till 6!!!

Edit1: The screens here http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/46881/screens-from-vice-city-10th-anniversary-edition.html are a little bit bigger!

Edit2: The very interesting is the following comment from rockstar ''as well as new and more precise firing and targeting options''... Let's see!! :)

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    As long as the aiming is fixed, the graphical improvements are just icing on the cake.

5. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Any point in getting GTA 3 after this is out?

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hell yeah.

7. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Yes, they are different games in different cities. If you like one, you will love the other.

8. harjit247

harjit247 New Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Hope they have cloud save, most anoying thing with gta3 was when you ran out of space and u deleted the Mammoth 1gb game u lost ur save and all the hours wasted

9. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Hurry up Thursday!!!!! (Weds for you NZ folks)....This is a classic,Im looking forward to reliving.What is great is that I dont remember the storyline.

10. godofodd

godofodd Member

Jan 7, 2010
    #271 godofodd, Dec 3, 2012
    Last Night a DJ Saved My Life and A Horse With No Name. I never got out of the car if those songs came on. I sure hope the iOS release has the full soundtrack!

* Apparently "Horse With No Name" was in San Andreas. Still awesome, though.

11. gorbesz

gorbesz Member

Oct 11, 2011
    A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away), timeless...just think into it. 30 years since it was made and still gives you the shivers.

But if I should name one track which should have been excluded from the game, that would be 99 Luftballons. those german sentences make me puke. totally ruins the "miami feeling". always switched frequency.

the trailer is pur win with the music in sync with the explosions. watched it like 20 times.

12. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Wow, so many...

A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
    Kim Wilde - "Kids in America"
    The Cult - "She Sells Sanctuary"
    Laura Branigan - "Self Control"
    Michael Jackson - "Billie Jean"
    The Buggles - "Video Killed the Radio Star"

I remember doing a lot more radio flipping in Vice City. In SA, I typically listened to just Radio X (music from my childhood...), as well as Radio Los Santos (west coast/gangster rap) and K-DST (classic rock) occasional.

13. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Last night a DJ saved my Life
    I'll Be Good
    Keep on Loving you
    It's my Life
    Self Control

I love that soundtrack! I cannot wait to buy this Thursday!!

14. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    Are you me? GTA VC and SA were so good. I loved them, everything was great especially the music.

15. razvanrazy

razvanrazy Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I only hope it will have iCloud support so that i can start a game on my iPad and continue on my iPhone over the subway each morning on my way to work :)

16. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    That's the benefit of age - I can't remember it either! I just remember it being the first gta I really got into and a lot of fun - possibly more fun than either San Andreas or gta 4, both of which I really enjoyed but didn't have the same atmosphere of vice city.

Looking forward to playing this on my new ipad mini!

17. Koalachlamydia77

Koalachlamydia77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Will it support the iPhone 5?

18. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    It's a pretty safe bet that it will.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Will it support my iPod classic 6th generation? I'll be really peeved if it doesn't, seems like more and more developers are leaving us click wheel gamers behind :mad: