iOS6 Game Center Challenges

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by spongeforge, Dec 13, 2012.

1. spongeforge

spongeforge Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Hello there!

Someone recently experimented with sending Game Center Challenges from within the game? Any boost in downloads with this new feature? It looks for me like a good tool to increase the user base, since the challenges can be sent to all friends, no matter if they have the game installed or not.

Ivica

2. mkpred

mkpred Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Working at Sites
    Cyber Town
    I wasnt aware of this new tool , obviously since i am not a developer.But it looks like a good feature and can indirectly boost sales.The way I understand it lets say i want to challenge X for a game , he will get it without having the game installed on game centre and to beat you he will get the app whether its freemium or paid , either way it will help.And hey if some how X feels like if he gets an IAP he can easily beat my challenge then again , the developer is benefited .Well thats if the challengers are that big of a serious gamers but it can help in other ways too that I don't realise at the moment.

Obviously since i am not a dev I have no experience of using the new feature , or the old one for that matter , that i could compare and provide my analysis but I hope you get some supportive answer from fellow TA members.Good Luck :)

3. spongeforge

spongeforge Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    I am not quite sure if it is the way it works.
    The challenged person will not get the app for free as far as I know.
    But would be an interesting concept too. :))

Ivica